[AA3] The Assassin’s Conundrum

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
jobend

Re: The Assassin’s Conundrum

Post by jobend »

So what's the next step?

Playtesting?

Currently I'm writing on Marskland, and that will be a much sorter and conventional written adventure.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Playtesting happens whenever it happens... we have no particular rule for that.

Are we adding this to AA3 or are you putting together your own multimodule? At 23 actual pages, it's too short to print just yet, but one or two more similar-length adventures could make it a full publication of its own.

A couple of notes:

-- We just can't have a town called Blackmoor. No way that's going to fly, legally speaking.

-- I'd like to see the adventure include notes for GMs that don't want to use the Assassin or Gnome supplements. We have gnomes as a monster, so given that we don't need gnome PCs, we can just go that way. As for the assassins, we should be able to substitute standard thief rules for them without harming the adventure significantly. Something like we did with the barbarian adventure in CS1.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jobend

Post by jobend »

Hi Chris!

I would really like a chance for Assassin's Conundrum to appear in AA3.
AC is my first adventure and I don't know if I can produce 50-60 pages.

Since Blackmoor is a place I south of UK I didn't think that would be a problem. But of course I will change the name.
Regarding gnomes there is only one Npc so that is not a problem to omit.
The PC don't have to choose the class Assassin to play AC, but they will gain some of the skills. But I guess you can substitute these by some thief skills.

Thanks for your input! :D
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'll write the adaptational bits myself if you want.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
jobend

Post by jobend »

Fantastic!
That would be just great! :)
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

jobend wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:56 am Since Blackmoor is a place I south of UK I didn't think that would be a problem. But of course I will change the name.
Regarding gnomes there is only one Npc so that is not a problem to omit.
The PC don't have to choose the class Assassin to play AC, but they will gain some of the skills. But I guess you can substitute these by some thief skills.
jobend: I'll let you work on r6, including the quoted changes to get this ready for AA3.
I've moved r5 to the first post, and edited the thread's title to include the AA3 tag.
chiisu81

Re: [AA3] The Assassin’s Conundrum

Post by chiisu81 »

Will give jobend a little bit longer to reply/work on this, after that I'll dig into this.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I'm about half way through another pass on this. Will update soon.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks Al 8-) Just so we won't have 2 uploads so soon together, when you're done instead of updating the first post's attachments, can you just put into the Projects folder and then reply in this thread for that?
That way I can make an editing pass myself, and then I'll upload to first post. Thanks!
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I posted r6 to the Projects folder on Dropbox. There were a lot of little corrections to verb tense and plural vs singular usage.
There are still some things that Jobend or Solo will need to look at:

Page 5 – King Reder Symes – Stat blocking
Needs to be done.

Image on page 8 should be moved to page 7 where it is mentioned as the brand the PCs receive when they join the group.

Page 8 – The Training – Paragraph 4
Currently:
For the duration of three months the PCs undergo rigorous training which gives them a useful skill set:
Suggest:
Over the next three months the PCs undergo rigorous training, giving them a useful skill set:

Page 10 – Mission 2 – Paragraph 5
Currently:
As of now, you can make it a little tricky for the PCs to enter the building unseen and dispose of Edwas without waking or killing the wife.
Suggest:
GM may want to make getting into Edwas' house tricky, especially without waking or killing the wife.

Page 13 – Below the Council – need to stat out the 2 City Guards that are attacking the PCs

There is currently no boxed text. Perhaps some of the paragraphs with actual speech could be reformatted to boxed text.