AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Seven

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Seven »

Page 141.

It would be much better if the weapons and armors used by the monsters were described and accounted for in the monster lines. Also, I imagine that the monsters would be using the mace and the ring. Maybe the arrows also, as crude daggers if they don't have a bow.

Shadows don't typically keep potions. Where's the treasure? In the cracks?
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 142.

" a crudely-drawn treasure map of the area outside Garetham"

Is this an area map or a treasure map? What treasure does this map show, if any?
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 145.

'His clothes though torn and disheveled appear to be finely-made and other than his messed up hair and dirt-smudged face he otherwise appears well groomed."

I don't get the "otherwise well groomed" part. His clothes are disheveled, the opposite of well groomed. His hair is messed up and there's dirt on his face. Should just described the part of him that's well groomed. His hands? His boots? Probably not. What's left?
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Seven wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 1:50 pm Page 145.

'His clothes though torn and disheveled appear to be finely-made and other than his messed up hair and dirt-smudged face he otherwise appears well groomed."

I don't get the "otherwise well groomed" part. His clothes are disheveled, the opposite of well groomed. His hair is messed up and there's dirt on his face. Should just described the part of him that's well groomed. His hands? His boots? Probably not. What's left?
May need to mention that the clothes are made from expensive cloth like silks, or fine linen or embroidered with a crest instead of course burlap.

Body parts that may look more groomed would include well trimmed finger nails without having the nail beds bruised (black nail) or chunks out of the nails, also if the person has callouses on their hands, "soft hands-soft job, hard hands-hard work". Having a trimmed beard or mustache or even clean shaven without stubble can give an impression of grooming even though the person's face is dirty. Having hair that is cut short instead of long and hanging around a person shoulders gives an impression of grooming too.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Seven wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 12:57 pm Page 138.

"Characters can use torches and lanterns, or cast light in this room, and will work normally. "

"It" being the light source?
Maybe something like "Any light source, normal or magical, will work normally in this room."

"Any investigation into the hallway might reveal a slight shimmer or sheen further down into the hallway—evidence of the gelatinous cube that makes this area its home."

Wouldn't they see the magical dagger and quarterstaff floating in midair? As I presume they are inside the cube.
Fair rewording, but the unmentioned "it" really doesn't need defined as the sentence is only talking about light sources.
As for the items, nothing in the text specifies they are or are not within the cube.

I guess the Grick is the "mass of reptilian scales under the table"?
Where's the treasure? (1 gem and one scroll?)
Yes, the scales refer to the grick.
I'd pictured the treasure near/under the grick when I wrote it, but looks like I didn't specify that. Oops.
8. "The room is well lit"

by what?

Does 4 orcs and 2 goblins qualify as "various creatures"?
When I think about various creatures sitting around a table, I image 4 or more different creatures. Or they would have to be dressed differently.
Probably sconces on the walls or something similar for light sources.
Maybe I should have said "several" instead of "various."
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Seven wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:18 am Page 140.

12. "soft rocks"

I don't get it. What's a soft rock? Sounds like music. I might replace that with sand bags, if I were running the module.
The "soft rocks" are what this set of goblins are using as pillows. It's a bad joke. Practically anything would be softer than a rock, but they are choosing to use rocks as pillows. Nothing more or less to garnered here.
"My love is my sword."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Seven wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:25 am Page 141.

It would be much better if the weapons and armors used by the monsters were described and accounted for in the monster lines. Also, I imagine that the monsters would be using the mace and the ring. Maybe the arrows also, as crude daggers if they don't have a bow.
Possibly on the mace. I'm not convinced they do or do not know the ring is magical. I don't really see them using the arrows as daggers, but I applaud your ingenuity.

Shadows don't typically keep potions. Where's the treasure? In the cracks?
Yes, in the cracks. Another slip by me.
"My love is my sword."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Seven wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:34 am Page 142.

" a crudely-drawn treasure map of the area outside Garetham"

Is this an area map or a treasure map? What treasure does this map show, if any?
It's not important to this adventure. It could be a springboard for a future adventure for the party or it could be nothing more than a decorative drawing or the area. I added it just for a little more flavor.
"My love is my sword."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 147.

3. 5 Frogmen

Maybe add a (Nazgorian) in there. I couldn't find them at first.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thank you Seven (and Minky!) for continuing to proof/edit this! 8-)

I just noticed r7 missed Seven's edits starting with this post, so I will be sure to gather all of them from that point once work on r8 begins.

I'll also be working on the boxed text, along with GM intro/"What's Really Going On?" sections for all adventures. If original authors would like to write those themselves (or at least give a suggestion), please feel free to post them within the near future.