AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA3 Adventure Anthology 3

Post by Solomoriah »

Announcing!

AA3 Adventure Anthology Three, Release 10 -- August 21, 2022
Another revision of AA3 that is too comprehensive to quickly summarize. Review the Workshop thread if you want to know what's changed.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa3
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Check the Downloads page looks like all the links are missing!!!

Looked again in Firefox I can bring up the Download page with the links all available, but AA3 still shows version 8.
If I click on the link in Solo's post or try to bring up the Download page in MS Edge AA3 shows that the latest version is 10, but none of the links are present and the links for all the publications are missing.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Hard drive failure a few weeks ago meant I reinstalled my OS. Didn't get all the Python modules needed for the downloads page builder, so it malfunctioned. Everything should be good now.

If you are still seeing AA3 R8 from any browser, refresh it. In Firefox, hold down Shift while clicking the reload button to force a full-page reload.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Unbaronable Circumstances
Wandering Monsters – Dungeon
p.146
Change "2 Haunted Bones" to specify "2 Skeletons, Haunted Bones"

I don't read the Field Guides cover to cover, and wasn't aware of this variant. Didn't see it under "H" anywhere in my hardcopies, so searched the PDF of the Monster Index. Voila.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Good catch :shock: That's def something to keep an eye on, to make sure stat-block names match what's in the Core Rules and Field Guides (and that the Monster Index is also consistent).
In adventure text, of course, we tend to just say either "haunted bones" for the GM, and if it's boxed text I'd likely just write "skeleton" (unless the very small chance the PCs happen to know what a specific monster already looks/sounds like, then I might put "haunted bones").
albert ventura

Post by albert ventura »

Solomoriah wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:34 pm I'm going to get AA3 R10 uploaded today, but I note we really need a page-wide art piece for the Introduction section. I'll post that here, and if nobody bites I'll drop a comment in the requests thread.
Hello! Is this image still needed?
I'm new here and I'd like to collaborate.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Hi Albert,
Yes this is still needed. Please be sure to review the Art Submission Guidelines post for sizing, etc.
Welcome! 8-)
albert ventura

Post by albert ventura »

Perfect. I've read it and I think I've understood everything of submission guidelines.
I've yet started drawing this picture: three adventurers (an elf, a dwarf and a human) walking and talking. Is it ok?
I have a couple of questions:
I'll do the image wide of 1950px, but how high do you need it?
And do I upload the imatge in this forum or do I open an own thread (as I see other artists do here)?
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I can't give an exact pixel height (Solo can), but looking at page 2 in AA3 where this needs to go, it looks like it can be fairly tall. Not as tall as it is wide (ie not square), but it by no means needs to be too narrow/short.
Your "pitch" sounds good, but feel free to draw and post a sketch for approval before doing too much further work if you'd like.
Since this image is for AA3, yes this thread is the best place to post it.
If you want to show more artwork, you're welcome to start a new thread in the Art sub-forum as well.
albert ventura

Post by albert ventura »

Ok, thanks for your answers.
I put my drawing here and won't continue and finish it until somebody tell me it is ok or what to change:
Three adventurers 01 by Albert Ventura.jpg
Three adventurers 01 by Albert Ventura.jpg (444.75 KiB) Viewed 984 times
Three adventurers 02 by Albert Ventura.jpg
Three adventurers 02 by Albert Ventura.jpg (480.95 KiB) Viewed 984 times