Fantasy Grounds Extension

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
feganegg

Fantasy Grounds Extension

Post by feganegg »

Hey Guys, Just to let you know I'm going to be building a BFRPG fantasy grounds extension over the while.
I've just switch across from Roll20 and want to make sure I can bring that Basic Fantasy goodness with me.
It will probably take a while as I'm learning as I go but I'll keep you all posted.
teaman

Re: Fantasy Grounds Extension

Post by teaman »

feganegg wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 9:18 am Hey Guys, Just to let you know I'm going to be building a BFRPG fantasy grounds extension over the while.
I've just switch across from Roll20 and want to make sure I can bring that Basic Fantasy goodness with me.
It will probably take a while as I'm learning as I go but I'll keep you all posted.
Best of luck on the Fantasy Grounds!

There's also Maptool, which is free (https://www.rptools.net/toolbox/maptool/)

We use roll20, but whatever works for folks and their groups. BFRPG online is a wonderful stress relief right now.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

I wondered how easy it would be to make a library of rules of Basic fantasy on roll20 like they have for 5e and CoC
Creativity is just a single letter away.
monkeywork

Post by monkeywork »

Please do keep us updated - if you need a tester let me know. I've got the ultimate FG license and have been dying to play Basic Fantasy there since I discovered BFRGP.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I really liked Maptool for 'At The Table' virtual mapping as well. Instead of using a roll out map I used a monitor hooked to my laptop. I could run both a players and DM Map so I could take advantage of Fog of War and Lighting.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Love this project, but as there are no materials actually linked in this thread, I have to kick it to General Discussion.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
BusterBluth

Post by BusterBluth »

So happy to see Maptool getting mentioned. I've built a pretty extensive framework in Maptool for BF, as I've recently noted on another thread. If you want me to share my campaign file, I'd be happy to do so.

Maptool is freeware and is continuously being improved with new features.
monkeywork

Post by monkeywork »

BusterBluth wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:32 pm So happy to see Maptool getting mentioned. I've built a pretty extensive framework in Maptool for BF, as I've recently noted on another thread. If you want me to share my campaign file, I'd be happy to do so.

Maptool is freeware and is continuously being improved with new features.
I'd be very interested in seeing this.
feganegg

Post by feganegg »

I'm really sorry everyone. This project fell to the side and I wasn't subscribed to the bloody thread! I'm getting back onto this now and should hopefully have the fully working character sheets in the next couple of weeks. Plan on putting the entire book across which may take a little time with all the monsters but But should have something working soon. Then hopefully one of the books setup as a module to get people kicked off.
BusterBluth

Post by BusterBluth »

Here's my Maptool .cmpgn file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj9v68YqT0ZfilxYH28 ... 9?e=E0zK49

You'll need version 1.7.0 of Maptool to open it, which is available at rptools.net.

This file is huge! it's over 100 megs. We're about mid-way through Dwimmermount, so there's quite a few maps in this file. If you want to use this .cmpgn file, you can get rid of all maps, except for the one labelled 'Main'.