Foldable Character Sheet

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
borgar

Foldable Character Sheet

Post by borgar »

I recently came over this a foldable character sheet (https://www.dmsguild.com/product/315456 ... cter-Sheet) which seemed very cool and though it would be nice to have something similar for BFRPG.

I did want to restrict this to quarters (simpler to make and fold, less stats to include etc).

This is work in progress. I spent way to much time fiddling with top parts of "page one" and the rest was added without spending much time to consider overall look and layout (I wanted something "done"). Suggestions for improvements are welcome.

Since I'm European it is in A4 so far. I've attached this in PDF (and PNG in case anyone want to play with formatting). It should work for US Letter as well as long as you "scale to fit" for print (and do a bit of trimming the sides).
Attachments
foldable-charsheet-letter-r5.pdf
(932.59 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
foldable-charsheet-a4-r5.pdf
(702.96 KiB) Downloaded 205 times
foldable-charsheet-a4-r5.png
foldable-charsheet-a4-r5.png (938.64 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
Last edited by borgar on Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:41 am, edited 4 times in total.
borgar

Re: Foldable Character Sheet

Post by borgar »

A few quick updates
  • slightly off background color on 3 of 4 pages,
  • added lines into empty "text fields" (not sure it's better)
  • minor tweak of some text placements
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

This is really cool 8-) I appreciate the added lines. I don't see the background color.
borgar

Post by borgar »

I wasn't happy about the border lines so I've replaced these with something more appropriate. That triggered a slight update of placements.

I've also swapped pages 2 and 3 back where I intended them.

I've also tried to produce a US size version this time. I'm not sure how well these work since I still struggle with getting "perfect" (max utilization) of A4 output. I.e. a print output that would allow folding these without any trimming afterward. But I suspect every printer will have slightly different margins anyway so it's likely that is close to impossible.

BTW, I used Gimp 1/4 A4 300dpi template when making the pages and just copied the quarters into a new full A4 size image. The Letter version was made a similar way with slight scaling of the quarters to fit.
borgar

Post by borgar »

Updated page 1 a bit with better looking text. Also fixed up the AC/HP/AB part and added an initivative box.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Looking really nice. 8-) My only nitpick: For "Death Ray or Poison", the "P" of poison looks a little too close to a "D".
borgar

Post by borgar »

Fixed the P and updated Thieves skills and Turn undead lists with a heavier "font".