Character Advancement Optional Rules

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Syron

Character Advancement Optional Rules

Post by Syron »

I only recently found this. I had been interested in a more classic style of role-playing and decided to give it a look. There were a few things that I was interested to see in the game, several of which others had already covered, but a few that didn't seem to have anything on. So I gathered those together and threw this document together using the style document.

Those largely being 3 things: Experience Bonus or Penalty for a character based on the Prime Requisite (based on Rules Cyclopedia), a few additional special abilities (basic, non-combat, mostly flavor and role-playing, at-will magic for cleric and magic-user; plus Read Languages and Use Magic Scrolls thief abilities), and a small note-sized rule for ability score improvement (using the 3.x method of 1 every 4 levels).

Since I'm a bit unused to classic style role-playing, I'm not certain if any of these would harm any balance.
Attachments
character-advancement-optional-rules.odt
(19.75 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
chiisu81

Re: Character Advancement Optional Rules

Post by chiisu81 »

Welcome to the game and forum 8-) Very interesting set of optional rules, I like the Minor Wonder and Trick.
Maliki

Re: Character Advancement Optional Rules

Post by Maliki »

I don't see anything that would upset the balance, nothing game breaking. (BFRPG is hard to break). Nice work.