KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Bumblepig

KH1 The Blackapple Brugh

Post by Bumblepig »

Here's a draft of a new adventure I wrote. It's still rough, and could use an edit and formatting review.

I'd welcome any feedback and kindhearted/inspired contributions of illustrations (esp. maps that look better than something some dude drew on graph paper).

There aren't major content gaps, so feel free to playtest if you think it sounds interesting. I'm definitely open to feedback on that front as well. It's slated for levels 1-3, but one question I have is if that should be bumped up a bit.

Many thanks,
Kyle, AKA Bumblepig

Edit: This is now on the Downloads page
https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#kh1
Last edited by Bumblepig on Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Muze

Re: New Adventure for Review: "The Blackapple Brugh"

Post by Muze »

Brugh level 3 ... not fantastic but i tried...
Brugh LvL 3.png
Brugh LvL 3.png (224.25 KiB) Viewed 9644 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Normally, if an artist doesn't step forward to draw a map for you, and yours isn't up to publication standards, we redraw it using MapMatic. And we can't do blue-line maps, because we print in black and white.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:22 am Normally, if an artist doesn't step forward to draw a map for you, and yours isn't up to publication standards, we redraw it using MapMatic. And we can't do blue-line maps, because we print in black and white.
Ah, makes sense. This one probably would lend itself more to being hand-drawn since there are some nonstandard elements (dumbwaiters, important placement of standing mirrors, pathways through a fungal forest). But those are all nice-to-haves, and I realize that there are many other priorities.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Muze wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:53 pm Brugh level 3 ... not fantastic but i tried...Brugh LvL 3.png
Muze,
I really appreciate it! It sounds like we don't do blue line maps, but I always smile when I see a map in blue because it takes me back...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r2 uploaded to first post. Added spacing for images, fixed most stat-lines (needed non-braking spaces, deleted periods from those w/ only single opponent, etc.), added a few references where needed, and more.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Bumblepig wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:58 amAh, makes sense. This one probably would lend itself more to being hand-drawn since there are some nonstandard elements (dumbwaiters, important placement of standing mirrors, pathways through a fungal forest). But those are all nice-to-haves, and I realize that there are many other priorities.
I've been known to load up MapMatic images in Gimp and edit them manually, to add elements MapMatic can't handle.

I've also been known to add elements to MapMatic just to handle something unusual.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Muze

Post by Muze »

No worries ... and noted about the blue lines (Though it pains me deeply :lol: )
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:47 am r2 uploaded to first post. Added spacing for images, fixed most stat-lines (needed non-braking spaces, deleted periods from those w/ only single opponent, etc.), added a few references where needed, and more.
Thank you Chi!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Happy to help 8-) I did a lot of little corrections, but still need to do another read-through and full edit. I'd like others to chime in before then; I'm better at the "trees" than the "forest" usually :D