Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
chiisu81

Re: Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Post by chiisu81 »

Attached here is r3.
- I updated the last section of the Introduction page, to specify which Field Guides are referenced (and added their lines on the OGL page). Style note: monster names aren't bolded nor capitalized (unless beginning of a sentence of course).
- I updated a few page headers and the OGL page with the name of the document (the latter I also added the author's name)
- Monster statblocks: "as" not needed/used in the "Sv" portion

As you make further updates, please be sure to update/increment the release number on the title page as well as the filename. Thanks!
Attachments
DM1-Under-the-Slumbering-Rock-r3.odt
(25.83 KiB) Downloaded 218 times
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 9:46 am Attached here is r3.
- I updated the last section of the Introduction page, to specify which Field Guides are referenced (and added their lines on the OGL page). Style note: monster names aren't bolded nor capitalized (unless beginning of a sentence of course).
- I updated a few page headers and the OGL page with the name of the document (the latter I also added the author's name)
- Monster statblocks: "as" not needed/used in the "Sv" portion

As you make further updates, please be sure to update/increment the release number on the title page as well as the filename. Thanks!
Ah sweet, thanks Chi!
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

I will put enough effort folks to let people know what to expect for the module. I will make this list upon getting stuff ready for the next few parts:
  • The module will provide an introductory adventure called 'Ruins of the Hopeful Protector' which is more for a new player to start off the game with this adventure. After completing through it they can continue with any of the other four adventures that are not in order.
  • The overall experience for the module will allow a player to make choices as if you were playing with a group per say. Unless doing the introductory which is limited, but going to any direction in the dungeon. Though beyond that the four adventures will simply open up the lands of Daicuria and let you travel. The map will use a square map to outline the surrounding of Daicuria.
  • The game will mention any usage of oracles, game master emulators like mythic to help give some mechanics to move the story forward. If anyone is unfamiliar with oracles unless you know a magic 8 ball. A simple tool called OSR Solo is available on drive-thru-rpg.
  • The lands of Daicuria is small in scope. almost like a puzzle that is a bit incomplete. A good way of it to allow any other campaign worlds can be used to fit into the module. this could add more variety to your game.
Edit: I'll attached a update of the module with the first dungeon made. just so i could get feedback on it. Also the d% table that a buddy of mines made
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Rookie, standard practice is to update the first post in the thread with new updates, and then post a comment at the end when you've done that. It makes it far easier for people to just drop in and download the adventure; sometimes the uploads are hard to find otherwise.

And, welcome to the forum, if I haven't said it already. I'd really like to publish a book of solo adventures, just so when anyone comes along and asks if we have any resources for solo play I can say "sure!" and point them at it. The question comes up a lot. If your adventure ends up too short for print, perhaps we can get some other authors to submit their solo adventures as well. (Paging johndice...) "Solo Anthology" has a nice ring to it...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 am Rookie, standard practice is to update the first post in the thread with new updates, and then post a comment at the end when you've done that. It makes it far easier for people to just drop in and download the adventure; sometimes the uploads are hard to find otherwise.
Ah my bad, I've already cause a big mess it seems with much of the .odt files I've uploaded :lol:.
But yeah I've been laying low on the fourms when i first heard of the game and been looking at the general fourms most of the time. So im just reading on what was posted and stuff I could learn.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

Solomoriah wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:01 am Rookie, standard practice is to update the first post in the thread with new updates, and then post a comment at the end when you've done that. It makes it far easier for people to just drop in and download the adventure; sometimes the uploads are hard to find otherwise.

And, welcome to the forum, if I haven't said it already. I'd really like to publish a book of solo adventures, just so when anyone comes along and asks if we have any resources for solo play I can say "sure!" and point them at it. The question comes up a lot. If your adventure ends up too short for print, perhaps we can get some other authors to submit their solo adventures as well. (Paging johndice...) "Solo Anthology" has a nice ring to it...
Seeing this has made me very excited and hopeful.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Rookie555 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 am Ah my bad, I've already cause a big mess it seems with much of the .odt files I've uploaded :lol:.
Happy to help 8-) I cleaned up the other .odt files/uploads when I posted r3 (ie I updated the attachment in the first post, and deleted the second post's attachment).
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

chiisu81 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 5:51 pm
Rookie555 wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:04 am Ah my bad, I've already cause a big mess it seems with much of the .odt files I've uploaded :lol:.
Happy to help 8-) I cleaned up the other .odt files/uploads when I posted r3 (ie I updated the attachment in the first post, and deleted the second post's attachment).
awesome, would there be anyway to delete the post above solo's post? beacuse i edited it onto the first post
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Just drop the uploaded files from the post by editing it. The note about having posted a new release should really stay.

And, no need to apologize. Welcome to the Basic Fantasy Project!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

So idk I'm doing this correctly, but to adding a new page you would just manually break the page for a empty one to be made. Though im trying to apply the same style presented in the new page made. I haven't been able to find a way of getting the two boxes that the text is organized into the new one. Anyway to do this? or how is it manually set up from the page itself?