Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Rookie555

Re: Under the Slumbering Rock Solo Adventure

Post by Rookie555 »

chiisu81 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:20 pm For now, use the adventure template and create a sep. document for each adventure. I or Solo can combine them all into one later on.
Ok I'll make the other adventures separately from another document
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

As I look over the adventure for the solo module, I had to think, that I can't railroad someone to go through any type of scenario? im thinking for my other adventures i want to try to keep the adventures open to the individual playing through it much as possible. I guess the way I've done dungeon design for my solo games have been lighter and more smaller. Though mega dungeons exist and that is something I would only do if it is to be an extensive crawl. The rest would just be more smaller and more flexible to adjust. I'm sure that of course if the introduction is completed then the rest can be explored at any point in the game. I just don't want to make a dungeon that is just there and just put things in recklessly.
Seven

Post by Seven »

A solo adventure will probably have more rails than a regular one since there is no GM to rule on creative decisions the player might take. In a regular adventure, the players might decide to take a break from a dungeon and pursue something else, or just explore around. In a solo adventure, those options are probably limited.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Agree w/ Seven; if you're going for a longer page-count or have plenty of ideas, then it's great to present some options and alternative and/or optional side areas, quests, notable NPCs, etc. But yes, for solo gaming you'll need to keep them on track. Of course like a group game, games will vary and adjustments can/will always be made.
Rookie555

Post by Rookie555 »

woof I had let this topic died for a little bit knowing what the status was of the solo adventures. I think I might look over my revisions a little bit and see what's up and might look through to see. I think I could start this one small and not overly make it grand right from the get go.