Grimfall Quests

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
AlMan

Re: Grimfall Quests

Post by AlMan »

Seven wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:53 am Room 1. "the feeling fo being watched." should be "for".
Actually I think it should be "of" instead of "for", my fingers are dyslexic that way. Also, if you see any "ot" it would probably be "to".

Since this version of influenza is "magically enhanced" it would last longer.

I'll wrap up all your corrections and apply them for R2 when you're done.

Thanks again for making these corrections.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

CptClyde wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 10:00 am This is a really great little series of adventures. I love it! Well done sir.
Thank you, Captain!! :D
Also I would like to give you some credit, since I used some features of the Hexcrawl Adventures to build lairs that I've made so far, doing dice drops and getting some rooms and features for the lairs. For the first dragon quest I used the Table 10 Area Features and Modifiers, the reason that each room has a "feeling of being watched" (Feature Modifier of Eyes) and all the bells (Area Feature of Bells). I'm trying to figure out where I can mention that I used your supplement, which helped with my first bout of writer's block.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 26. "to stop and further damage" should be "to stop any further damage"

"When the party arrives they will have to wait two days for the ship to come when it does the party sees a ship that is long and narrow with 70 men hauling away at the oars on either side of the ship."

Should be 2 sentences.

"He takes the scroll from Fader Vineknock and looks it over he then looks the party over as if assessing if which of the group will he be bringing back."

Probably 2 sentences. The "if" should go. Should be "he will" instead?

"The ship, the Valor, doesn’t have a navigator so the ship will have to pull up on shore for rest in the evenings."

Should get rid of the second "the ship" for a "it".

Page 27. Room 2. "on the south east end to the room."

Should likely be "on the south east end of the room."

Room 3. "There are no columns in this room. A chasm can be seen in the southeast corner of this room."

Consider dropping "of this room."

Room 4. You might want to add some bad odor, sulfur, stale air or something like that if you want the troglodyte to surprise the party.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Seven wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:53 am Page 13. "Fader Vineknock will tell the party to go to the mouth of the Grim River there is a logging concern and ships headed to Corvis stop to pick up loads of lumber."

That should probably be 2 sentences.

"There are two routes that ships will use one goes almost straight west and follows the northern coast of Corvis Island then stops at Novatia."

Same.

Page 14. Should probably have a description of the tower as the party approaches it.

Room 1. "the feeling fo being watched." should be "for".
Page 13 Done for both.
Page 14 Changed the paragraph to this:
The square tower at one time was five floors tall. The dragon has knocked down the top three floors over the years it has lived here. The tower is made from large black monoliths of stone. The tower was the former residence of a very evil wizard, part of the reason the original Covari people held such a hatred of all Magic Users. The dragon usually resides in the lower level of the dungeons that are below the stump of the tower.

Room 1 Changed to "the feeling of being watched." I also did a search for any other "fo" instead of "of" made sure I didn't change any "for" to "ofr". Also found one "ot" instead of "to".

Also note that I will go through and do a global search for "sister" and change to "Sister" when talking about her.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Page 30. Room 15. "In the middle of this room is a massive column about 10 feet in circumference. There is another 20 foot ring of raised stone floor around the column."

Maybe use the same "foot"/"feet" for both?

Room 16. "If the party approach the column to tie a rope to it a Giant Caecilia will be disturbed and attack, roll for surprise. The Giant Caecilia lives behind the column.
There is a large chasm in the middle of the floor, Behind the column a Giant Caecilia lives here and will attack any one that approaches the column."

No need to repeat that the Giant Caecilia lives behind the column.

Page 31. Same remark about the Potion of Delusion.

"As he explains this Jeremy comes back into the tent with a wooden box."

Page 39. Maybe a coma before Jeremy.

Page 40. "Also 6 wagons 4 fitted for riding and 2 loaded with provisions for the trip back."

This begs for a coma as well.

"As they wake the party members will find that weapons have been removed and hands have been bound. "

Consider a coma after wake.

"When they get on deck five ships can be found surrounding the Valor."

Consider a coma after deck.

"The oars have been with drawn and the sail has been lowered."

Should probably be "withdrawn".

"the larger Caravel that is along side."

Should likely be "alongside".

"As the party watches this happen Shendra Willowcane steps up and hails the pirate ship."

Consider a coma after watches. You can probably drop "this happen".

"As the two pirates laugh the party, the savant and Captain Windrider are lead below deck."

Consider another coma after laugh.

"what is happening on the top side."

Should likely be "topside". Consider dropping "on the".

There's another "top side".

There's 2 "dias" that should be "dais".
borgar

Post by borgar »

I was thinking I could contribute by some nicer maps. I assume Morsombrex lair is a natural cave and doesn't have to be as uniform as the original. More like this?
grimfall1.png
grimfall1.png (421.94 KiB) Viewed 3699 times
borgar

Post by borgar »

Turns out drawing a larger area of marsh/swamp is tricky. Anyone has good (and simple) suggestion for doing this that would work with a dungeon drawing?
grimfall_1.png
grimfall_1.png (280.97 KiB) Viewed 3626 times
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

That map looks great Borgar!!! I'll be using it, thank you!!!!
borgar

Post by borgar »

AlMan wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:04 pm That map looks great Borgar!!! I'll be using it, thank you!!!!
Thanks. I have the other level ready as well.

I've attached the full size png files to this post. If you need this in some other format let me know.
Attachments
grimfall_2_large.png
grimfall_2_large.png (379.21 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
grimfall_1_large.png
grimfall_1_large.png (444.08 KiB) Viewed 3602 times
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I should start working on this again.