Tiny Solo Adventure II: Cogpustule's Workshop

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
johndice

Tiny Solo Adventure II: Cogpustule's Workshop

Post by johndice »

Heya everyone,

I made another tiny pamphlet adventure for solo play, again kind of based around how I like to play Basic Fantasy modules using GM emulation. I also expanded the GM emulation section a little bit as well for this one, compared to the first one I made.

The adventure itself was inspired by the final confrontation in a small investigative solo campaign I played using Basic Fantasy. Thought it would be fun to share in case anyone else would enjoy playing Basic Fantasy solo :)

Cheerio,
John
Attachments
Cogpustule's Workshop actual play.pdf
(4.58 MiB) Downloaded 1096 times
Cogpustule's Workshop.pdf
(2.03 MiB) Downloaded 1228 times
Last edited by johndice on Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
billiambabble

Re: Tiny Solo Adventure II: Cogpustule's Workshop

Post by billiambabble »

This looks beautiful. I must print this out.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Great job once again Jon, I printed mine out and already did a blind play through like last time. I'm still useless at properly fitting in a GM emulator but had fun playing through.
Video will be posted soon.
Francisco-art

Post by Francisco-art »

This looks cool! I got to print it out and check it out. Thank you!
johndice

Post by johndice »

CptClyde wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:30 pm Great job once again Jon, I printed mine out and already did a blind play through like last time. I'm still useless at properly fitting in a GM emulator but had fun playing through.
Video will be posted soon.
Heya! I can post some of my own playthrough if you want an idea about oracle/GM emulator use? Although, you can certainly play by making your own GM rulings etc. Looking forward to your video! :)
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Absolutely, I'd love to see a demonstration of "proper" play if you have means of posting video somewhere.
johndice

Post by johndice »

Heya!

Well, I'm afraid I only play by writing an actual play down as I play through it to share with other solo players on discord etc. Although I would love to play like I saw you play!

I attached my actual play up until the first room in Cogpustule's Workshop because I didn't want to bore you. It should show how I like to use the oracle/GM emulation at least.

Cheerio!
Attachments
Cogpustule's Workshop actual play setup and room 1.pdf
(2.12 MiB) Downloaded 257 times
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

thanks for this John, I'll be looking into it today. Thanks again for a beautifully laid out pamphlet adventure. I so love these little things!

Here is the link to my video play through: https://studio.youtube.com/video/5ZzRjeoTsjs/edit
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

johndice wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:51 am I attached my actual play up until the first room in Cogpustule's Workshop because I didn't want to bore you. It should show how I like to use the oracle/GM emulation at least.
I very much like the way you write out your actual play. It is amazingly well formatted and very helpful as insight on how to play. Your examples (and formatting) should be used right in the Core rules book perhaps.
Thank you for sharing that.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

This just totally made my week. I loved the Whispering church solo module so now I can continue my adventure.

I even used the whispering church module to run some of my newest players through for their first adventure and they absolutely loved it.