Royal Catacomb of Adrih

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Royal Catacomb of Adrih

Post by Solomoriah »

Here is the download for the Royal Catacomb of Adrih adventure.
Attachments
Royal-Catacomb-of-Adrih-r7.pdf
(2.16 MiB) Downloaded 171 times
Royal-Catacomb-of-Adrih-r7.odt
(2.37 MiB) Downloaded 68 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Re: [AA4] Royal Catacomb of Adrih

Post by chiisu81 »

Happy to see this up for everyone else to check out! 8-)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Updated today, after watching my own video...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r6 uploaded to first post.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

Very nice adventure...AA4 is shaping up to be pretty awesome.
BrookVedge

Post by BrookVedge »

So glad I found this. I have been watching the actual play on YouTube and was thinking it would be fun to run. Thanks!
bugleyman

Re: [AA3] Royal Catacomb of Adrih

Post by bugleyman »

Wow, I really like this one. Cool theme, neat map, and very focused. Plus the Dyson Logos map really adds something. Did you need to get special permission to use it, or does he release all his maps under a license which allows such use?

A few minor suggestions:
* The map, while awesome, could really use a scale
* Room 12d really feels like it should say that King Nem II is the fourth king of Adrih
* The last column of page 8 contains a sentence with the word "adorned" twice. This isn't "wrong," just a little awkward:
Meichur is adorned with a heavy, wide gold and silver necklace adorned with onyx and opal beads and a large central scarab made of jade;
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

-- The Dalai Lama
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Great adventure! This is the perfect length for my current game, and I've always loved owlbears. Just as long as my players don't want to keep an egg and raise the chicks as pets. Thanks for bumping the thread so I could find it :)

I know this is not a priority at all right now, and I could edit the odt directly, but I'm afraid of breaking the formatting. I suggest the following wording change to the first boxed text on page 2:

"The hillside is covered in trees and undergrowth, and the trail leads into the thicket.a mass of the latter vegetation."
I'm also on RPGG
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

R7 uploaded, with corrections for the things Dan and Bugley called out. Also, of course, converted for CC BY-SA.
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Solomoriah wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:20 pm R7 uploaded, with corrections for the things Dan and Bugley called out. Also, of course, converted for CC BY-SA.
Awesome!

I notice that room 9 advises the GM that they need to adjust the description if the party approach from the other direction. This might be unnecessary if cardinal directions are used instead of left & right: "four to the southyour left, three to the rightyour right". I'm not sure this is important enough to warrant a release though.

Room 8 might need a note saying the description assumes the party are approaching from area 2, though honestly, I think that would be obvious from the description to anyone running this.

Finally, I love the damaged trap in room 8. My players have already encountered a pressure plate trap that clicked when stepped on, but only activated when stepping off the plate. So, there's a really good chance the thief will try tinkering with the trap after someone steps on the plate :twisted:
I'm also on RPGG