Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
delcidkidv

Re: Hexcrawl procedures?

Post by delcidkidv »

I am as well, but usually I’ll remember times where a player rolled up a pure god of a character or someone who would’ve died in training.
Kihu

Post by Kihu »

spielemusik wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 am ...
It was about this time my daughter asked to join. We spent the rest of the day Sunday traversing through the world - retreating from crocodiles in the marsh, evading a band of 16 orcs, and even happening across a unicorn! One of the party died, and my daughter learned the valuable lesson of running away. We had a blast. I think we played for 4 hours.
spielemusik, thank you for sharing this experience with us. Reading it brightened my evening.

“The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.”
-The Hobbit
spielemusik

Post by spielemusik »

Kihu wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:06 pm
spielemusik wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:55 am ...
It was about this time my daughter asked to join. We spent the rest of the day Sunday traversing through the world - retreating from crocodiles in the marsh, evading a band of 16 orcs, and even happening across a unicorn! One of the party died, and my daughter learned the valuable lesson of running away. We had a blast. I think we played for 4 hours.
spielemusik, thank you for sharing this experience with us. Reading it brightened my evening.

“The dwarves of yore made mighty spells,
While hammers fell like ringing bells
In places deep, where dark things sleep,
In hollow halls beneath the fells.”
-The Hobbit
Love The Hobbit quote! Glad a short recap of our traveling brightened your evening. The biggest reward of getting into ttrpg for me is spending time with my children.
zeruhur

Post by zeruhur »

I love this supplement! Can't wait to give a try.
I don't really like the drop-dice dungeon generation method, so I made a procedural one by myself. I think they are mutually alternative.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Thanks for your contributions!
johndice

Post by johndice »

I love this supplement so much for solo play I made my own zine version out of it to slip into my BF collection properly. Thanks for making it!

toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Very cool.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

johndice wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:27 am I love this supplement so much for solo play I made my own zine version out of it to slip into my BF collection properly. Thanks for making it!

Wow that's amazing, great job on that!
Is always great to know someone is having fun with something you created, so you are very welcome and thanks to Todd and Al for editing and the whole BFRPG community for making this such an inspiring and welcoming place to contribute.
toddlyons

Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Post by toddlyons »

CptClyde wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:14 pm thanks to Todd and Al for editing and the whole BFRPG community for making this such an inspiring and welcoming place to contribute.
Thanks for the inspiring work, and the willingness to share it with us. Gygax might have liked to work alone, but I find it's way more fun collaborating on stuff together.

What's still to finish on this supplement? I'm going to have more spare time soon.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Sadly I've put further changes to this on the back-burner for a few months but I was hoping to have all the tables compiled into a GM screen style layout so I could print it off and .... well use it in my GM screen :D
Would be super cool to include some of the fine art being churned out on this forum as well.
You (or anyone for that matter) is welcome to give that a try if desired.