Hexcrawl Procedures Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
CptClyde

Re: Hexcrawl procedures?

Post by CptClyde »

r14 posted.

Changed annoying typo in table header from "Wandering Encounter Terrain" to "Wilderness Encounter Terrain".
Francisco-art

Post by Francisco-art »

Hope this helps out.
old school DnD Art.png
old school DnD Art.png (3.21 MiB) Viewed 5196 times
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Sweeeet thank you muchly!!
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Can anyone help me add the following forms to the end of my document without ruining the 2 column formatting of the doc? I can't seem to figure it out.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BRTsrf ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/17K2ZGj ... sp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YXKnEg ... sp=sharing
Kihu

Post by Kihu »

Hello all,
First time posting here and new to BFRPG. I’d like to have a go at hexcrawl procedures, but I have a few questions and I was hoping someone could rephrase or clarify the first paragraph on page 5 for me? It starts with an incomplete sentence and is followed by a second sentence using strange dice referencing, which also seems to be related to Table 7 in someway, but I am unsure.
While the players are determining a strategy.
Beginning with two complete sets of dice (ignoring d%), drop the dice to determine the encounter scenery.
Wilderness encounter scenes do not require overly busy or descriptive terrain details. You just want to know what could be used as cover, obstacles or rough terrain.
The location of the dice indicate the location and width of the terrain feature.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Ack. Please don't use "dice drop" mechanics without explaining them. Not everyone is familiar with this technique (and I'm not overly fond of it, but that's beside the point).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

I'm putting version 15 in the first post.

Added the three log pages and cleaned up the formatting a bit. Also added Chisu and Kihu on proofing line. Kihu, welcome to the BFRPG Forums, please let us know how you want to be credited on the proofing line. For right now I included you as Kihu.

To fix what Kihu found I did the following.
Was:
While the players are determining a strategy. Beginning with two complete sets of dice (ignoring d%), …
Changed to:
While the players are determining a strategy, the GM may begin with two complete sets of dice (ignoring d%), …

I know that the last sentence of the same paragraph is “The location of the dice indicate the location and width of the terrain feature.” Might need a little more explanation but, it is a start.
greymark

Post by greymark »

For someone looking for a bit more direction on the mechanics of the "drop dice" process, you can watch his video (linked in first post) in which he demonstrates dropping the dice to create a scene.
Kihu

Post by Kihu »

greymark wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:54 am For someone looking for a bit more direction on the mechanics of the "drop dice" process, you can watch his video (linked in first post) in which he demonstrates dropping the dice to create a scene.
Thank you for mentioning this greymark. I just watched the video and it makes sense now. For anyone else wondering about the "drop dice/dice drop" mechanic, it is in video ep3 here.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

Welcome Kihu,
Thanks Alman for the update.
I am unsure how to explain further how to "drop dice". It's such a simple concept that it is maybe over analyzed. I created the videos in hopes of clarifying any such explanation short comings. Thanks guiding Kihu to the videos folks. All seems good here now.

Good luck with your hexcrawl adventures Kihu! And feel free to post your experiences back here.