[SOLO RPG] Overland Travel

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Lord of Halfcastle

[SOLO RPG] Overland Travel

Post by Lord of Halfcastle »

Hello all! This will be my first forum post. I thought I'd share with you all my rules for travelling in a Basic Fantasy solo campaign. I'd love to hear what you guys think about it. If you have any questions or suggestions leave them here and I will respond when I can. The document is in its first draft and there will be revisions. I'm new to libre office so if you want to help out with editing/formatting I'd appreciate it.
Attachments
BF- Solo Overland Travel.odt
(27.13 KiB) Downloaded 354 times
CptClyde

Re: [SOLO RPG] Overland Travel

Post by CptClyde »

Welcome!
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I like the simplicity of this, very fitting as a baseline for a BFRPG mechanic which can be house-ruled easily to fit specific needs.

Since you are new I should mention this related thread which also deals with wilderness travel, incase it is of interest to you.
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

I'm wondering if there is a possibility of a collaborative supplement to house the different solo rule sets that people have been making and formatting it into a single Solo Rules supplement.
Lord of Halfcastle

CptClyde wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:01 am Welcome!
Very nice, thanks for sharing. I like the simplicity of this, very fitting as a baseline for a BFRPG mechanic which can be house-ruled easily to fit specific needs.

Since you are new I should mention this related thread which also deals with wilderness travel, incase it is of interest to you.
I will take a look for sure! I had a feeling that someone would have already tried to take a crack at wilderness adventuring so I approached my rules with the goal of having something players can use to address the challenges of traveling from point A to B in the campaign world without it overshadowing the adventure they are embarking on. I'm sure that you could even incorporate the two based on the type of adventure the player is having.
Lord of Halfcastle

GrimlinJoe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 am I'm wondering if there is a possibility of a collaborative supplement to house the different solo rule sets that people have been making and formatting it into a single Solo Rules supplement.
I think that would be a great idea! A single document that has suggestions on how to play BFRPG solo would go a long way.
CptClyde

Post by CptClyde »

GrimlinJoe wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 11:36 am I'm wondering if there is a possibility of a collaborative supplement to house the different solo rule sets that people have been making and formatting it into a single Solo Rules supplement.
Hard to say if that would be worth while. The system I put forth is what I use in my weekly game and thus can be claimed to have been "play tested" but I could not say how a mix of rules would perform in actual play as I do not have time to collaborate on such a document nor could I play test it. But others may have time/interest to do it and may indeed find a nice hybrid solution by melding the best of the 3 or systems we have seen around here.
It may be easier to just collect all the different methods though.
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Not to be a wet towel, but I feel the forum post Hexcrawl procedures already has more developed ideas and procedures for overland travel. Your ideas here might help really shape that document though.
RLS89ZX

Post by RLS89ZX »

I can definitely play test since I'm big into solo roleplaying
GrimlinJoe

Post by GrimlinJoe »

RLS89ZX wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 3:12 am
I can definitely play test since I'm big into solo roleplaying
I'd be interested in hearing how your playtest would go