Monks and Guardians

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Monks and Guardians

Post by Dimirag »

What the guys above have said, take my comments (and any other) as suggestions, if you want to go with something out the "standard" go ahead, its your creation.
Use the workshop as your playground, the showcase and download page are the ones with "minimum requirements".
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Yay somewhere where I can go wild with all the other content I have been thinking of! XD
I would like this someday to end up in the downloads, though it'll probably take a lot of work.
And I do want these to actually be balanced, think of this as a community project that I thought up. Anyone can add to this.
Is it the dice against you or you against the dice?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Let me jump in here and let you down easy... it's very, very unlikely that any class supplements will ever be added to the Downloads page. Classes are super tricky to get right, and very likely to cause problems in someone's campaign; the classes on the Downloads page are probably all that will ever be there.

Other types of supplements have a better chance, but even then they must be very "classic" and very well balanced. I haven't added a new supplement to Downloads in a long time.

Want something on the Downloads page? Write an adventure. It's very likely that an adventure shared with us will end up on the Downloads page, either as part of an AA series multimodule or on its own if it's substantial enough.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Jun 07, 2021 9:45 pm Let me jump in here and let you down easy... it's very, very unlikely that any class supplements will ever be added to the Downloads page. Classes are super tricky to get right, and very likely to cause problems in someone's campaign; the classes on the Downloads page are probably all that will ever be there.

Other types of supplements have a better chance, but even then they must be very "classic" and very well balanced. I haven't added a new supplement to Downloads in a long time.

Want something on the Downloads page? Write an adventure. It's very likely that an adventure shared with us will end up on the Downloads page, either as part of an AA series multimodule or on its own if it's substantial enough.
Figured as much lol. It probably won't end up on the downloads page, but I still want to work on it to have it fulfill the "minimum requirements". Don't really care if it ends up on the downloads or not, though it would be nice.
I just want to share my ideas and have people see the supplement, so it really doesn't matter to me.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

The download page is a hard place to enter unless you create an adventure other materials must be within Solo's parameters.

The Showcase is a place you can aim to, if you present a "complete" work (that does not lacks any parts to be used) even if its a playtest, Solo can give you acces there and your work won't end burried in the workshop.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Yes, if the objective is to get something into Print (or even just into the main Downloads area), then you should focus energy into an adventure.
Truly, there are just never enough of that sort of stuff and everyone needs these in their games... best chances of getting implementation (assuming decent adventure ideas - don't just use a randomizer dungeon and expect it is going to "print" :roll: ).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

SmootRK wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:49 am Truly, there are just never enough of that sort of stuff and everyone needs these in their games... best chances of getting implementation (assuming decent adventure ideas - don't just use a randomizer dungeon and expect it is going to "print" :roll: ).
... but don't you know ... that's why I created the random dungeon stocker on the Tools page ... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

Just uploaded r2.
What has been changed:
The Deflect and Catch abilities are now separated
Fixed some spelling errors
Changed Light Movement
Changed Earthen Guard
Fixed up the Guardian Progression (experience and HD)
Fixed up the Monk experience
Did not change the Monk HD, as I wanted to experiment to is if it would work out
Changed the requisites
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

So, I did an experiment : I ran a combat simulation for each level of monk and each level of guardian. These were done alone and then with the party.
The Monk died at level 4, then again at level 7, and finally at level 13
The Guardian died at level 2, level 4, level 9, level 13, and level 19
The Monk's party died at level 8 and level 14
The Guardian's party died at level 2 and level 13.
I wonder why they kept dying at level 13? Does anyone have an answer for this?
Pirate GM13

Post by Pirate GM13 »

What needs to be worked on:
How the Monks prepare their spells
Monk "Guidelines"

Anything else?