The Hunt For Rary's Deep

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: The Hunt For Rary's Deep

Post by Solomoriah »

I have a bit more commentary after I looked it over, but don't make changes to the manuscript now as Chi has the football at the moment. After he looks over what I've dropped in the Projects folder for him, he'll likely go ahead and upload it and then you can take another pass if you like.

The incomplete monster stats Chi is talking about is because your monster/NPC listings don't include the Save As or XP bits and most don't have Morale. For NPCs, you just make up the Morale score, remembering that Ml 7 characters fight on just a bit more than half the time, Ml 8 are more fierce, Ml 9 are pretty committed, and so on. Normal characters should almost never have Ml 12 since they will never back down no matter what.

I've gone ahead and filled out the blocks for some of the monsters, but I ran out of time.

The other thing I'd like to know is if we can combine/rewrite the "Druidry" and "Druids and the Old Faith" subsections. There seems to be some redundancy and they literally are one after another. I'd also ask that the module at least mention the existence of a standard Druid supplement as an option, unless you feel that is inappropriate.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nycto

Post by Nycto »

We can absolutely combine and rewrite the druids/old faith section. TBH I don't know Why it never occurred to me to do it earlier. You're right, it's redundant.
I can mention the druid supplement as well. The reason I didn't because I just found this version more appealing, especially with the introduction of a shapeshifting race.
Would you like me to jump in and do that those things? If so, post your modified odt and I'll get on it.

The map was made using an online software called "Hexmtl". I'm not entirely sure how to change the size, but I'll mess around with it again.

Sorry about the incomplete monsters. I could've sworn I'd had the morale at least in the original document, but must've forgotten. Totally forgot about the exp though haha.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

And the movement rates.

:D

You're right, since you're around and Chi likely won't be until Tuesday, I'm going to pull the version from Projects and put it in the first post. Download my R2 and make your changes, and upload it as R3 and I'll get it handed back over to Chi.
Nycto

Post by Nycto »

Alright, I think all the monsters are done. The druids and druidry section has been combined into one as well. Here's what's been done!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I like it.

I just noticed that you didn't list HD or AB in most of the monster blocks. Not sure how I didn't notice earlier. For NPCs you should list AB after AC, for monster normally HD after AC. I fixed a few of them, made a couple of layout adjustments (nowhere near done with that) and inserted stats for Haunted Bones to inhabit the barrows. I'll probably add a page of stats for royal barrows as well, but don't have time now. I'm posting an R4 in the first post, if you want to download that and make another pass through feel free.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Nycto, are you working on this, or should Chi take a look tomorrow?
Nycto

Post by Nycto »

Sorry, I was celebrating a birthday yesterday and couldn't get around to doing it haha. If Chi can get to it, that would be great, otherwise I can do it when I get home from work.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Took an extra day off work ;)
I can look over it this morning.

Edit: work got unusually busy, but this is still on my to-do list soon
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

r5 uploaded to first post, replacing all previous attachments.
Completed work on stat-blocks, along with some other small changes.
Put in the outdoor map for the time being; that page's header isn't aligned correctly (couldn't figure out how to fix it).
Nycto

Post by Nycto »

Is there a better program you guys have used in the past to make outdoor maps? I dont know how to change the scale on hexmtl.
For example, if you can remember, which program was used to make the Monkey Island map?