Dragonclaw Gazetteer

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
dymondy2k

Re: Dragonclaw Gazetteer

Post by dymondy2k »

I've got two older maps.. one says a 1/2" is about a 100 miles and another with hexes says about 60 miles per inch. I'm gonna be honest, both those measurements are nuts LOL. I feel good with the hex standard of about 12 miles per 1" hex. I'll get that updated! Thanx for the input.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
Hexamer47

Post by Hexamer47 »

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it. Love the setting!
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Thank you for sharing this!
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
TDHenderson

Post by TDHenderson »

Thanks for sharing this and it has my creative juices flowing. One thing that has me interested in expanding is the overall role and history of the Rusty Pick Guild within the Barony. I can see this spinning up many "A-Team" style adventures for Guild members.

Now, has anyone yet given thought or mapped out the surrounding world around the Barony? Albion and Kar'Tegra come to mind.

Again, great work and look forward to future development.

Trevor
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Hi! Just checking if the document has an updated map with the scale yet. I don't think I see it so I used the map in the document and added a hex overlay on it (with the size similar to that found on the coloured map on the Dragonclaw website) and added a scale note at the bottom as 1 hex = 12 miles.

I've uploaded my unofficial version here in case anybody is interested while we are waiting for the official map change.
DragonclawMapWithHex.PNG
DragonclawMapWithHex.PNG (3.46 MiB) Viewed 1702 times
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

I'll get this hex map in the document!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Not sure why I've only just seen this. I've set my current game in the Dragonclaw Barony, though my world diverges somewhat from this one. I think I'm a couple of centuries later, as places like Dragonhall are now just ruined shells of a fortress.
I'm also on RPGG
teaman

Post by teaman »

gabeprime wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:15 pm Hi! Just checking if the document has an updated map with the scale yet. I don't think I see it so I used the map in the document and added a hex overlay on it (with the size similar to that found on the coloured map on the Dragonclaw website) and added a scale note at the bottom as 1 hex = 12 miles.

I've uploaded my unofficial version here in case anybody is interested while we are waiting for the official map change.
DragonclawMapWithHex.PNG
What a beautiful map! Very Tolkien!
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Personally, I'm a fan of 6-mile hexes. They work so well with the wilderness movement rates, and my personal hexcrawl system is all based on 6-mile hexes as well. So, of course I've prepared a 6-mile hex version of this map since my current campaign is set here.

I counted the rows and columns on the 12-mile grid, doubled the numbers and then used the fantastic Hex Grid Generator to get a grid. A bit of alpha and embossing in Paint.Net and here we go.

What font is used in the original map? I would like to match it. Here I used SoutaneBF and added a white drop shadow for clarity.
Attachments
Dragonclaw-6-mile-hex.png
Dragonclaw-6-mile-hex.png (4.12 MiB) Viewed 778 times
I'm also on RPGG
JugglinDan

Post by JugglinDan »

Found a couple of mistakes in the latest version.

* The description of the Dread Wood contains the repeated text of The Barrow Wood.

I noticed because I was looking for a good home for a shapeshifting green dragon while mapping out the factions for my current game.

* The district is called Red Meadows (pg 4) while the city is called Red Meadow (pg 5). Yet on the map the city is labelled "Red Meadows".
I'm also on RPGG