Modern Weapons

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Blorpy

Modern Weapons

Post by Blorpy »

Was thinking of using something like this after my current campaign concludes (could be years away). Maybe I'll call it Shotguns & Dragons :lol:
Attachments
BF-Modern-Weapons-Supplement-r1.odt
(29.79 KiB) Downloaded 144 times
BF-Modern-Weapons-Supplement-r1.pdf
(103.77 KiB) Downloaded 210 times
TrickyNikki

Re: Modern Weapons

Post by TrickyNikki »

Hey, cool idea!

How would you price it in gold?
Creativity is just a single letter away.
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Good question. Was considering whether to price it in dollars or gp as well, and now that you mention it, gp might be the better way to go.

I’d say that, based on purchasing power alone, 1 gp seems to be the rough equivalent of $10-$15, maybe.
Archmage0271

Post by Archmage0271 »

My concern here is the lack of description, especially for the armor. Like, what is Soft armor? What is Composit/Hybrid armor? These items should be described so that we know what they are made of and what we are getting. Other than that, I enjoyed the attempt.
LleijS

Post by LleijS »

Hmm...could this be the start of a BF-driven modern espionage game? ;)
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

LleijS wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 am Hmm...could this be the start of a BF-driven modern espionage game? ;)
I would love that. As much as B/X derived systems like BF are my go to, the standard medieval Tolkienesque setting can get stale. I’m sorta over elves and dwarves in general, at least for the time being. :D
Archmage0271 wrote: Sun Jul 31, 2022 1:49 pm My concern here is the lack of description, especially for the armor. Like, what is Soft armor? What is Composit/Hybrid armor? These items should be described so that we know what they are made of and what we are getting. Other than that, I enjoyed the attempt.
Yea, if I returned to this I’d do a quick write-up for each item. Soft and hard armour are pretty much what the sound like. Modern hard armour is literally made up of armoured plates, whereas soft is more flexible/lighter.

https://sourcetacticalgear.com/body-armor-guide/
daryen

Post by daryen »

Blorpy wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 1:19 am
LleijS wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:42 am Hmm...could this be the start of a BF-driven modern espionage game? ;)
I would love that. As much as B/X derived systems like BF are my go to, the standard medieval Tolkienesque setting can get stale. I’m sorta over elves and dwarves in general, at least for the time being. :D
What would love to see? A Western, but with elves, dwarves, goblins, orcs, dragons, and the rest. That could be just ... amazing.

Unfortunately, it would probably be a huge minefield of hot-button issues and subsequently impossible to actually do.
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

The default setting in the Lamentations of the Flame Princess rpg is Europe during the Thirty Years War, so you can set it there. Gothic Earth from the Ravenloft setting (AD&D 2e) is in the Victorian Era, if you want a more modern setting. Use both those settings for inspiration, and they probably convert to BFRPG easily.