Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Orffen

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Post by Orffen »

feganegg wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:21 am I've been watching out for a BFRPG foundry module for age. I tried making one myself but it was beyond me. I've been looking through it and it looks great. I love the simplicity which will really allow people to add what they want to their game.
One thing that would be fantastic for future releases is to be able to whisper the ability rolls to the gm. I played with the formula but couldn't get it to work.
That way you can ask a player to roll a move silently or remove traps and only the gm would know the results.
Thanks! I had a lot of trouble getting started - the Foundry documentation basically says "go take a look at the (extremely complex) dnd5e module" for anything beyond basics. It took some hunting around to find the Boilerplate system I could use as a base.

I'd initially thought the GM would roll from the character's sheet as a GM roll, but the whisper roll is a great idea!
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

I guess I need to look into Foundry. I have been a Roll20 supporter for a long time but I love the look of those sheets.
aries04

Post by aries04 »

aries04 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 6:44 pm Are there any thoughts or feelings about an import module or portion of the system module for the official PDFs? I know there's one for PF2 that allows importing of the PDFs and it creates the necessary elements to either use the rulebook or play the adventure.

I'm by no means a JS pro, but I am a developer and should probably learn some JS. Could be a fun project.
I wasn't planning anything like this, but I do plan to create compendiums for the core book. Would love to see it if you come up with it!
I’ll start poking around and see what I can do
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

I released R4 for the system, some minor improvements like what I hope are more readable icons on the sheets, but also when placing a monster token down now the token's HP will be rolled automatically based on the Hit Dice specified in the sheet.

In the future I'm planning to make this configurable - some GMs may prefer not to have this happen automatically.

Next focus is improving the chat roll outputs, but I'm also thinking I may take a detour into the Compendiums and start getting them populated.

Would love to hear some feedback if you've played with the system.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

The only reason I have not used Foundry yet was the fact there was no BFRPG module. This helps resolve that issue.
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

Metroknight wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:44 am The only reason I have not used Foundry yet was the fact there was no BFRPG module. This helps resolve that issue.
:D Please let me know how you go!
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Orffen wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 6:26 am
Metroknight wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:44 am The only reason I have not used Foundry yet was the fact there was no BFRPG module. This helps resolve that issue.
:D Please let me know how you go!
I'll start digging into it soon. Right now I have to update Foundry to the V9 stable so it will run with all the new features.
wezlo

Post by wezlo »

Orffen wrote: Wed Feb 23, 2022 11:18 pm I released R4 for the system, some minor improvements like what I hope are more readable icons on the sheets, but also when placing a monster token down now the token's HP will be rolled automatically based on the Hit Dice specified in the sheet.

In the future I'm planning to make this configurable - some GMs may prefer not to have this happen automatically.

Next focus is improving the chat roll outputs, but I'm also thinking I may take a detour into the Compendiums and start getting them populated.

Would love to hear some feedback if you've played with the system.
I just wanted to let you know I'm really impressed so far, and the compendiums you've done are very nice. I especially like how you included melee and missile attacks in the weapons table, it's great for things like spears.

For making creatures, which won't be an issue as much after a compendium is made, automating the saving throw values would speed things up. I know that would be a hassle, thought.
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

Thank you! Actually, Stewart Webb has created a separate module with compendiums - see https://github.com/Stew-rt/basicfantasyrpg-corerules-en

I have been far busier than usual lately and haven't had time to work on the system; been meaning to remove my compendiums and update the readme to reference the other module but just haven't had time.
wezlo

Post by wezlo »

Orffen wrote: Tue Mar 22, 2022 9:18 pm Thank you! Actually, Stewart Webb has created a separate module with compendiums - see https://github.com/Stew-rt/basicfantasyrpg-corerules-en

I have been far busier than usual lately and haven't had time to work on the system; been meaning to remove my compendiums and update the readme to reference the other module but just haven't had time.
Oh sweet!