Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
wezlo

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Post by wezlo »

For special abilities, like thief skills, is there a way to say "success" or "failure" based on a number?
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

Not at the moment, I’m planning on adding this on the next major release.
miqued

Post by miqued »

I have some changes I made, added two new actor sheets: one for land-based vehicles and one for water-based ones.
I cannot for the life of me figure out what I need to do to send those changes to the github repo to be reviewed. If you know what command I need to run, I'm ready to send it, or I can just zip all the files up and send em your way.
I figured out how to do that, submitted pull request.

I made these sheets because I'm working on a module for the Equipment Emporium, and I'm not quite satisfied with vehicles being an item or a character. Here's a look at what I've done.
Attachments
Sheet selection menu
Sheet selection menu
selectionmenu.png (41.16 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
What the sheets actually look like
What the sheets actually look like
opensheets.png (347.51 KiB) Viewed 1607 times
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

Thanks Mique, at first glance this looks good - I'll need to review the code before I merge it but unfortunately just don't have the time to do that at the moment. It might take me a little while to get this into the module.
slaberdab

Post by slaberdab »

Really loving this addon so far! Played a game with it and my players seemed to love it too. Are there any plans for backpack/bag support? For now, we're just taking notes on the Description page on what items are being stored where, but it'd be cool if there was a way to mark an item as being in a backpack/sack/container.

(And one other smaller thing, it'd be nice if we could click the name of an item in an Actor's inventory to bring up the info page, rather than clicking the 'Edit Item' button. But that's more of a personal QoL thing since me and my players are used to it working that way in some other systems I run lol)
"It's truly, truly been... a very long roundabout path."
slaberdab

Post by slaberdab »

Hey sorry for the double post, but I'm back with one more small thing. The system doesn't seem to work with Maestro, and I think it might be because of this issue I found on a different github page. Figured I'd pass it on in case it's the culprit. I use Maestro quite a bit so I'd love if support could be added!
miqued

Post by miqued »

slaberdab wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:04 pm Are there any plans for backpack/bag support?
Idk about Orffen, but I was thinking about figuring that out as well, since the Equipment Emporium module I'm working on introduces lots of different types of containers. No idea how to do it, so I'd be learning as I go on that. Plus, I'm going to finish the EE first, which will still be some time
slaberdab wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:04 pm ...it'd be nice if we could click the name of an item in an Actor's inventory to bring up the info page...
Which systems do that? If I were to take a stab at it, I'd be looking at how those systems do it and see if I can adapt it to this one. Or see if you can figure it out. The Foundry Discord server is helpful. The hard part for me is the JavaScript...
slaberdab wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:24 pm The system doesn't seem to work with Maestro, and I think it might be because of this issue I found on a different github page
Sure, if it hasn't been looked at by the time I'm done with the EE, I'll see if that's something I can do. Doesn't seem that complicated based on the linked github
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
slaberdab

Post by slaberdab »

miqued wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:17 pm Which systems do that? If I were to take a stab at it, I'd be looking at how those systems do it and see if I can adapt it to this one. Or see if you can figure it out. The Foundry Discord server is helpful. The hard part for me is the JavaScript...
I went back to look, and I misremembered a little bit. The dnd5e system doesn't open a new page, but clicking on an item's name toggles a place that reveals the description.

Then, clicking on the feature's icon is what 'rolls' the item/feature to chat (BFRPG also rolls to chat this way).

Also, one other thing is that BFRPG doesn't post the item/feature/spell description when it's rolled to the chat (like 5e does). Instead, it just posts the name and omits the description.

Rolling to chat 5e:

Rolling to chat BFRPG:

Hopefully that helps a bit! I appreciate all of the work you and others are putting into these systems/modules to bring BFRPG to Foundry.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I don't care about all the fancy formatting with the icons, tags, buttons and stuff, just how it puts the description of the thing into the chat message when you use it
Orffen

Post by Orffen »

slaberdab wrote: Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:04 pm Really loving this addon so far! Played a game with it and my players seemed to love it too. Are there any plans for backpack/bag support?
Thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it's doing what I wanted it to! :D

Backpack/bag support sounds like a good idea, but I'm not sure how I'd go about adding it. Time sadly is quite limited at the moment as well - I have a list of stuff I really want to add/fix but it's almost impossible to find time for it.
slaberdab wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 12:55 pm
Also, one other thing is that BFRPG doesn't post the item/feature/spell description when it's rolled to the chat (like 5e does). Instead, it just posts the name and omits the description.
This has been on my list to fix for some time :)
Hamish The PolarBear

Post by Hamish The PolarBear »

Thank you for putting this stuff into Foundry, it may well clinch making BFRPG the system of choice for my play group going forwards.

Has anyone put the existing adventure modules into FVTT yet? What are the rules about doing that, would I be able to share them if I set them up for my group to play or would I need to submit the FVTT version here?

I am very new with FVTT but I imagine I would be able to at least set up the core of a module with maps and stats etc to get started with.