Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG for FoundryVTT

Post by Solomoriah »

I can grant permission; I've done it before, for various VTT purposes.

I don't see it as a problem, as long as the art is supporting BFRPG.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
slaberdab

Post by slaberdab »

Don't really know if this is better here or in the 'content module' thread, but I was playing around in the OSE system and really like how they handle rations.

Rations have a small counter underneath

Clicking a shaded square decreases the number of uses by 1, and clicking on an empty square restores 1 use.

Might not be worth the effort to implement, but it's a small QoL feature that I think is really nice.

EDIT: It seems like this is how they handle ammunition too. Pretty easy to quickly change the amount of ammo you have w/o needing to open an item info page (though individual ammo like sling stones and special arrows don't have this tracker, they're a standard inventory item).

"It's truly, truly been... a very long roundabout path."
miqued

Post by miqued »

slaberdab wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:58 pm Don't really know if this is better here or in the 'content module' thread, but I was playing around in the OSE system and really like how they handle rations.

Rations have a small counter underneath

Clicking a shaded square decreases the number of uses by 1, and clicking on an empty square restores 1 use.

Might not be worth the effort to implement, but it's a small QoL feature that I think is really nice.

EDIT: It seems like this is how they handle ammunition too. Pretty easy to quickly change the amount of ammo you have w/o needing to open an item info page (though individual ammo like sling stones and special arrows don't have this tracker, they're a standard inventory item).

That's very handy. Item/ammo charges is something that's basically a "wishlist" item as far as I can tell; see here. I think I pulled out how Pathfinder 2E does it (with +/- buttons; found in the previous link), but I'm sure OSE does it in a more straightforward manner. The Pathfinder code is all on one line and makes my text editor cry when I open its JavaScript file.

Knowing that OSE does it, should make the job simpler, but I know it will be awhile before I could give it a go. If you wanna take a crack at it, you can give it a go and do a pull request on Github. The Foundry Discord server is friendly and helpful if you get stuck.
Mique D.
https://liquidmiqued.substack.com
MeWe: Mique D
usulthemouse

Post by usulthemouse »

Hello,

Is this still being worked on / supported?

I am just learning Foundry and trying to install. I am probably doing this all wrong.

I used the link at the beginning of this thread, to install BFRPG.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/orffe ... ystem.json

I can't seem to install the compendium found here...
https://github.com/Stew-rt/basicfantasy ... odule.json

If someone knows how to install this, from scratch. and could maybe type something up or record a mini video from nothing to character creation etc that would be most helpful.

I am still going through the videos for foundry I found here. https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGgC ... 4vvA_yME7m If there are better ones please let me know.

Has anyone created any of the adventure modules for Foundry yet?
If not when I get to that point I can start. I'll try and find open source / free tokens and art
unless there is a set buried in the forums that I have not found yet.

Thanks!
miqued

Post by miqued »

Technically it is, but there will need to be some work to double check 4e compliance, and I know for me at least I'm pretty busy in the summer. I personally am aiming to work on this and the Equipment Emporium module once September rolls around. We'll see if that works out for me. Everything for BFRPG should be installable from within Foundry, though. You shouldn't need to go directly to the github sites. No adventure modules fully released to my knowledge, but someone was working on Morgansfort. Don't know if it took off or not. It's just the core rules and field guide volume 1 last I'd heard
Mique D.
usulthemouse

Post by usulthemouse »

Thank you for replying.
I think I got everything loaded but there was a warning about Compendium Folders module
that has been included in the core of foundry now so it will have to be converted or something.
Idk yet. Still figuring things out.

EDIT: loaded it up and there are no folders in the compendium BUT... looks like everything is there. :D

Adam
miqued

Post by miqued »

Are you using the Field Guide module? If so, that optionally requires Compendium Folders, but there should still be folders there... If needed, I can check which version of CF I used when I made the module, see if you can download that older version. Or I can send you a link to my mega drive which has it. I haven't so much as opened Foundry since February/March, so I'm not sure if it might be an issue Foundry has with the modules

Edit to add: the core rules module doesn't use CF last I checked, neither does the system. So even with CF, only the field guide will have all the folders
Mique D.
miqued

Post by miqued »

miqued wrote: Thu Jun 22, 2023 9:48 am Are you using the Field Guide module? If so, that optionally requires Compendium Folders, but there should still be folders there...
I just now realized what I said here. No, there shouldn't be folders in the compendium, but contents should be good. I think some folders will be there if you import the compendium to the game, but even then you will be missing many folders without CF
Mique D.
usulthemouse

Post by usulthemouse »

Why would there not be folders in the compendium?

race, class, item etc. or maybe I am to much of a newb to understand.
and the compendium folder module said when I loaded it.

the functionality has been rolled into foundry core. they will not be maintaining it anymore.
so that will have to be tweaked anyway.

When I learn how. I have been a programmer for 30 years... damn I'm old... and have done some web stuff (html/JavaScript) but not for a few years. I think the core of foundry is all Node.Js so I could probably figure it out. Eventually I want to add the custom rules I want to use. (additional classes, races, skills. thinking if the compendium had the folders it would be easier to make the various changes and add items to a folder that exists (and make the add on modules dependent upon the BFRPG core stuff. ) I don't know. Just daydreaming here as I am learning.
miqued

Post by miqued »

I see now. I haven't kept up with what Foundry's done. When the module was made, that was not a core feature. I may be able to take a look tonight (it's noon now for me), and hopefully I can fix it at least for the field guide module. I'm not at all a developer, I'm basically just adapting the existing system and module files to work for me, but following foundry's guides and guidance from their discord server. You would probably have a much easier time doing what you want than me, which is also my goal some day :D
Mique D.