BF1 Morgansfort - German Translation

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Argamae

BF1 Morgansfort - German Translation

Post by Argamae »

Hi folks,

This weekend I have started translation work on BFRPG's "BF1 Morgansfort" to create a German language version of this introductory module. I will pin any files ready for your perusal and critique to this entry post.

For the main body of text I will be using Open Office for now. If there are any ready-made formats for Open Office conforming to the layout style of BFRPG, please let me know where to find them ('cause I really suck at layouting and haven't had much experience with it). Thanks in advance for your interest! :)
Last edited by Argamae on Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Fie upon the girlie men who are adverse to having encounters with random monsters!
AlMan

Re: BF1 Morgansfort - German Translation

Post by AlMan »

Argamae wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 6:05 pm For the many body of text I will be using Open Office for now. If there are any ready-made formats for Open Office conforming to the layout style of BFRPG, please let me know where to find them ('cause I really suck at layouting and haven't had much experience with it). Thanks in advance for your interest! :)
You could use the original document as a template or use the templates found here: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2333

As for layout don't worry about it, Solo will go over the layout once you get the translation done.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Use the original document, and change the text in place. If decorative artwork messes up your flow, delete it and I'll deal with it later.

If you send me an unformatted "galley" I must warn you the book may never make it to print. It's just too hard to retroactively do all that formatting all over again.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Olupo

Post by Olupo »

Just last week I thought it would be nice to have that module in german language. I'm eager to see the result.
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Mar 21, 2022 12:47 am Use the original document, and change the text in place. If decorative artwork messes up your flow, delete it and I'll deal with it later.

If you send me an unformatted "galley" I must warn you the book may never make it to print. It's just too hard to retroactively do all that formatting all over again.
Understood. Will use the original document. ;)
Last edited by Argamae on Mon Mar 21, 2022 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fie upon the girlie men who are adverse to having encounters with random monsters!
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

@AlMan & Olupo: Thanks for the support and encouragement, guys!
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

Hello folks,

just a quick update on the state of things. I have done about 10 pages which is rather slow progress up to now. Main reason is another translation project which is now being finished so I expect to progress much faster over the course of April.

You take care for now.
Olaf
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

I was wondering about the isometric maps of Morgansfort. Is there a way to change the text in the original graphic? Same with the map of Morgansfort and surroundings.

Work is progressing although not a fast as I had hoped. Translation of introduction, background and Morgansfort descriptions is complete. Translation of the Olde Island Fortress is underway.
HeptorColeslaw

Post by HeptorColeslaw »

Welcome Argamae,

I am very pleased to hear that we have another german translator.
I would also apreciate to have Morgansfort translated to german language.

If you mean the inscribes in pictures on page 6, 10 and 11, then I can do these changes for you.
Please send me your german translations per pm and I will send you the changed images back.
Argamae

Post by Argamae »

HeptorColeslaw wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 5:03 pm Welcome Argamae,

I am very pleased to hear that we have another german translator.
I would also apreciate to have Morgansfort translated to german language.

If you mean the inscribes in pictures on page 6, 10 and 11, then I can do these changes for you.
Please send me your german translations per pm and I will send you the changed images back.
Thanks for the offer, HeptorColeslaw. As soon as I have finalized the translation I'll gladly do that.