Random Character Generator

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
md2501

Random Character Generator

Post by md2501 »

Hi everyone, just wanted to share a little project I started a few days ago.
I made a random character generator for basic fantasy, which you can find here: https://md2501.github.io/bfrpgcg/ (Code).

It currently only supports generating first level characters, but I plan to expand it in the future.
Edit: It supports generating characters of any chosen level now. For an overview of implemented and planned features check out the README.

(I made a search through the forums right before posting this and found the amazing generator by SooperGenius here. I'm kind of glad I didn't find it earlier though, because then I might not have had the motivation to make this :lol:)
Last edited by md2501 on Sat Apr 23, 2022 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
TrickyNikki

Re: Random Character Generator

Post by TrickyNikki »

Fantastic generator! Would you be able to add other classes with other parameters? :) Of course that'd be another version, that doesn't clash with the core-rule classes and such.
Creativity is just a single letter away.
md2501

Post by md2501 »

TrickyNikki wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:49 am Fantastic generator! Would you be able to add other classes with other parameters? :) Of course that'd be another version, that doesn't clash with the core-rule classes and such.
Thank you! Yes, that would be possible. I tried to write it in a way that's somewhat easy to expand, so that adding new classes and races doesn't require refactoring. A simple on/off setting for using additional races/classes would also be quite easy to implement. It's kinda on my Todo:
  • implement generating characters of specific level
  • optional start equipment
  • guide on how to add new races/classes
  • multilanguage support
  • add some portraits
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

Alright, well I'd be interested in using this tool for my games as we have SO many new classes and races we use :) Let me know how I could help!
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

Very nice, looking forward to your additions!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Cool creation, minor thing, I rolled some Fighter/Magic User combos, it had the Fighter Saving Throws instead of the combined better ones, same happened with a Thief/Magic User.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
md2501

Post by md2501 »

TrickyNikki wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 12:45 pm Alright, well I'd be interested in using this tool for my games as we have SO many new classes and races we use :) Let me know how I could help!
I will get on it when I added generating higher level characters. Which additional races/classes are you using?
Dimirag wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 3:29 pm Cool creation, minor thing, I rolled some Fighter/Magic User combos, it had the Fighter Saving Throws instead of the combined better ones, same happened with a Thief/Magic User.
Thanks for the info, there was a bug that interfered with the saving throws. Should be good now.
FakeHealer wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:38 pm Very nice, looking forward to your additions!
Thanks!
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

md2501 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 5:56 am Thanks for the info, there was a bug that interfered with the saving throws. Should be good now.
It seems to be good now.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

I'll send you a full list in PMs
md2501

Post by md2501 »

The generator now supports creating a character of a chosen level and picking appropriate spells. Feedback and bug reports welcome :)
A friend of mine is working on multilanguage support and bfrpgcg should be available in german soon.