Moonlight Murder

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
ShannonFrank

Moonlight Murder

Post by ShannonFrank »

Solomoriah suggested that I create a thread for a map I made a few weeks back.
Never written an adventure for Basic Fantasy in any published form but I'm hoping that as a community we can build on my rough concept and turn it into something usable.

Adventure Premise:
Slowly sinking into the swamp it borders, the temple of the moon lays long abandoned by its creators. Recently a band of lizardmen was drawn to the sleeping entity that lays deep beneath its crumbling stones. A cursed creature forsaken by the moon god for its treachery a Lamia resides in the temple's inner sanctum. With it's gift of prophecy, it mutters in the ear of Blacktongue, the lizardman chief, visions of a vast kingdom that he will build.

Filled with promises of his certain victory, Blacktongue projects his power onto the nearby town of Dalbury, burning farms and fields and kidnapping its inhabitance to feed the Lamia's insatiable hunger.

Here is a map of the temple

Here is a region map.
Independent Artist and Publisher of Instant Adventures
Art Portfolio: patreon.com/instantadventures
DriveThruRPG: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub ... Adventures
OldDM72

Re: [AA4] Moonlight Murder

Post by OldDM72 »

Cool looking maps! Let me know if you need a playtester :)
chiisu81

Re: Moonlight Murder

Post by chiisu81 »

Here is r2. I edited the map to black & white, and I corrected the cave area as number 23 (it was set to 22 which is already used).
I ran the generator to get the room headings (will change most/all of them likely).
What monsters for these PC levels (2-4) would you want to see (Core, FG 1-3)? Lizard men for sure obviously, and for the lamia I would use LibraryLass' vermin queen.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

chiisu81 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:55 am ... and for the lamia I would use LibraryLass' vermin queen.
Crikey great memory!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

I must admit I just searched for lamia in the forums ;)
I didn't see anything else in the Monster Index that would fit for that, but I'm looking through it to ear-mark some other creatures (this is where the HD half/section comes in handy!)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

When I release the IF Handbook of Monsters there will be a lamia there; just a matter of redoing it for BFRPG.

Heck, why not. Here you go:
Attachments
Sample Kobold and Lamia.pdf
(55.5 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org