Terror in Tosasth

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
leon

Terror in Tosasth

Post by leon »

Like the mummified corpse of a king long forgotten, lying dreamless in a tomb hidden by innumerable layers of sand, mysterious treasures lure the imagination of true adventurers. Men have not long settled here on the edge of wilderness, and few are those who recall the tales of their grandmothers. Yet, the other folk remember a time when elves and dwarves built kingdoms that rose up, clashed and tumbled down again. Offer a dwarf a mug of ale or flatter an elf and you may coax a tale of Tosasth (TOH-sosth).

Despite the benefit of longer lives, only vague details may be conjured from elven memory about the once-great city that now is little more than a graveyard teeming with the undead. "Stay away from that cursed valley," they will advise. Perhaps the stories told by their fathers were parables only, myths meant to illustrate the folly of hubris, for among the various horrors professed to dwell in Tosasth, a curious mind will discover a singular theme. Long ago, elves and dwarves who grew from parallel limbs of the tree of life, made war that ended in terrible catastrophe.

This mega-module collects 18 adventures plus procedures for exploring an ancient city filled with undead.

The current release is r29:
LA1-Terror-in-Tosasth-r29.pdf
(40.44 MiB) Downloaded 81 times
LA1-Terror-in-Tosasth-r29.odt
(45.04 MiB) Downloaded 59 times
The most recent release on the downloads page is r28.

Development Status: checked out by Solo
  • Owner: Solo
  • Task: Review and prep for print
  • ETA: tbd
  • Post small edits as comments
Attachments
molokotu-color-1200x1704.jpg
molokotu-color-1200x1704.jpg (727.87 KiB) Viewed 4560 times
Last edited by leon on Thu Oct 26, 2023 1:43 pm, edited 36 times in total.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
chiisu81

Re: Terror in Tosasth

Post by chiisu81 »

:twisted:
Attachments
erryonetypingbutme.gif
erryonetypingbutme.gif (1.38 MiB) Viewed 7034 times
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

leon wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:35 pm This mega-module collects 18 adventures plus procedures for exploring an ancient city filled with undead.
eight...teen? O.O
Oh my. This indeed sounds fun.
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Wow! This looks awesome!
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
AlMan

Post by AlMan »

Chi I'm doing an edit pass of AA3. Go ahead and give it an initial pass, I'll take a deeper look once your done.

Leon, thank you for this it looks like it is going to be a fun read. Maybe I'll be inspired to finish my Grimfall Quests.
leon

Post by leon »

Thanks for the positive responses, and I appreciate any edits shared. In light of the files being too big to post to the forum, comments here are fine. Or I can take email attachments to leon-at-leonatkinson.com. Turning on track changes would be nice.

If this encourages anyone to release even more adventures, that's exactly the feedback loop I'd hope to inspire!
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

If anyone decides to run this online on Roll20, please...I am in 100%.
Seven

Post by Seven »

Interesting.

Page 1.

" You could use the some parts in your campaign"

Maybe "You can use some of the parts in your campaign".

"he is likely to flee to his ancestral tomb near St. Orlan and being a campaign of terror. "

Should be "begin".

Page 2.

" They may even be approached by one more or more of them in order to draw them into warfare."

Maybe meant "one or more" but that's a weird expression. Maybe just "some". Also them and them seem to refer to different group? Probably better to be more explicit like "Some of those leaders may even approach the PCs to attempt to recruit them into their fighting force."

"1,8 Fetching treasure out of well can reverse a wish made by he that deposited it."

Either "out of wells" or "out of a well".

"1,9 Haderax is neither good nor evil, just a power of nature behind which the wicked might hide but the virtuous might take refuge."

"but" seems to break the symmetry here as it's usually used to link independent ideas. "behind which the wicked hide and the virtuous take refuge" might be better but I'm not sure.

Page 5.

Seems like " Saint Jaludi" should be bolded as well.

Page 6.

" one of his barbarian bandits who grew impatient waiting for the next trap of unsuspecting merchants or pilgrims"

Maybe "waiting for the next group of unsuspecting merchants or pilgrims to lure into his trap" or something like that.
leon

Post by leon »

Thanks, Seven! Top post is updated with Release 2.

Regarding "behind which the wicked might hide but the virtuous might take refuge", my intent was <people doing bad stuff> BUT <people also doing good stuff>. I'll let that marinate in my brain. Maybe I should reformulate it into a quote, such as "Not all those who worship Haderax are wicked. They say he also protects the virtuous who honor his will."

Seven

Post by Seven »

Will likely take me a while to finish the first pass, so I'll just keep commenting on the original version.