Terror in Tosasth

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
leon

Re: Terror in Tosasth

Post by leon »

The top post is updated with revision 6.

Aside from small text edits, this revision adds page styles to set different headers for each part of the document. It also moves the maps to be immediately after the adventure keys rather than all together at the end. I kept the maps in the same page style (e.g. Adventure Key Dacha) so that the left and right headers looked right. The "Maps" page style from the version of the templates I started from seems to have trouble, and I think I still need to tweak the part at the end with handouts and area maps.

Note that I have studiously avoided saying "section" above, though I have used LibreOffice sections to produce headers that span the two columns. :)
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Second proofread for no XP specified in the monster stat block:
* [w/ suggested XP]

p.8 Gelatinous Cube [XP 280]
p.11 Zombie [XP 75]
p.17 Wraith [XP 320]
p.41 Rellora Imelel [XP 25]
p.57 Werewolf [XP 280], Ghost (No HP blocks) [XP 1,390]
p.58 Illusionary 5th Level Dwarf Fighter
p.59 Succubus (XP, but no HP blocks)
p.64 2d6 Zombies [XP 75]
p.65 2D6 Ghouls [XP 100], Purple Worm [XP choose 1670-5450]
p.117 Zombie & Ghoul (XP, but no HP blocks)
leon

Post by leon »

toddlyons wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:13 pm Second proofread for no XP specified in the monster stat block:
p.117 Zombie & Ghoul (XP, but no HP blocks)
Got 'em updated locally and will wait a few days for next release.

On p.117, I have have left off checkboxes for wandering monsters, which I think follows the standard style. I could drop in 18 blocks for zombies and 6 blocks for ghouls. Or I could let the ref roll up HP at the table. I don't have a strong feeling either way except that I don't look forward to adding more HP boxes to all the wandering/variable monsters in the text.

Thanks!
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The standard for wandering monsters is to include checkboxes wherever possible.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

Thanks for the clarification, Solo. I also see places where I left "#At 1 weapon" and "DAM by weapon" rather than specifying a weapon.

I should have a new revision up tomorrow. Page numbers will grow a bit.

leon

Post by leon »

Top post now points to Revision 7. I have added many checkboxes for wandering monster tables. I also purged "or by weapon" reference and specified weapons.

Seven

Post by Seven »

Let me explain my confusion on the two rogue weretigers.

Meaning of rogue:

1. Dishonest or unprincipled man.

2. Wild animal living apart from the herd.

Or do you mean that they are vagrants who will relocate shortly?
leon

Post by leon »

I'm sure I didn't give it much thought when I wrote "weretiger rogues". It's interesting to think about them being scoundrels, and just as interesting to think of them being vagrants who just happen passing through.

How about "weretiger adventurers"? Just a couple of guys who happen to be able to turn into tigers that have climbed a hole from the underworld and are camped out for a few days trying to figure out how to get past the statue that blasts out molten lava. I could give them names, and how, although they are scoundrels, they might team up with the party if they could share loot.

If these were rogue weretigers, maybe there is a more orderly herd of weretigers down that hole. That's a whole other adventure! The underground city of the weretigers!

Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Weretigers, I'm told, prefer deep shadowy forests.

:D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

Ancient stepped pyramids, crumbling with age rise from the steamy jungles deep in the hollow earth. Weretiger adventurers who dwell there leave the comfort of the shade to climb towards the surface world. Dungeon delvers frequently meet them wandering around the 6th or 7th levels of dungeons. :)