Chronomancer Supplement

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Kingslayer

Chronomancer Supplement

Post by Kingslayer »

Hello everyone,
I came up with a Chronomancer class for our game world and would love your feedback on it!

It is a rather unique spin on mainly the spell caster class. It is supposed to be a control, glass-cannon class that benefits from the proper timing and usage of spells. All the spells in the supplement are new.

I am looking forward to hearing from you :D .
Kingslayer
Attachments
BF-Chronomancer-Supplement.odt
(42.23 KiB) Downloaded 84 times
BF-Chronomancer-Supplement.pdf
(507.14 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
Last edited by Kingslayer on Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TrickyNikki

Re: Chronomancer Supplement

Post by TrickyNikki »

Excited to see what people think!
Creativity is just a single letter away.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

Interesting...I only skimmed the spells but it looks ok. One comment, a lot of the drawbacks of the class require tons of DM adjudication which could lead to extremely varied strengths in different games and if done in a way that balances the class would give the DM a lot of extra work. I personally like the drawbacks to be more spelled out and rely less on DM fiat. A DM could ruin the class or make it the most OP in the game.
TrickyNikki

Post by TrickyNikki »

FakeHealer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:49 pm Interesting...I only skimmed the spells but it looks ok. One comment, a lot of the drawbacks of the class require tons of DM adjudication which could lead to extremely varied strengths in different games and if done in a way that balances the class would give the DM a lot of extra work. I personally like the drawbacks to be more spelled out and rely less on DM fiat. A DM could ruin the class or make it the most OP in the game.
I think you are onto something there.. what would you spell out? Got any ideas for how? :)
Creativity is just a single letter away.
FakeHealer

Post by FakeHealer »

TrickyNikki wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:21 pm
FakeHealer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:49 pm Interesting...I only skimmed the spells but it looks ok. One comment, a lot of the drawbacks of the class require tons of DM adjudication which could lead to extremely varied strengths in different games and if done in a way that balances the class would give the DM a lot of extra work. I personally like the drawbacks to be more spelled out and rely less on DM fiat. A DM could ruin the class or make it the most OP in the game.
I think you are onto something there.. what would you spell out? Got any ideas for how? :)
I do not other than maybe looking into the Wild Mage classes from various versions of D&D....the surge charts and effects for magic going awry might be a good basis.
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

FakeHealer wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 7:46 pm
TrickyNikki wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 5:21 pm
I do not other than maybe looking into the Wild Mage classes from various versions of D&D....the surge charts and effects for magic going awry might be a good basis.
Thanks for the inputs. I decided to write shorter spell descriptions, however, more precise spelling out or rewording might be warranted (especially when it comes to more unique spells).
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

I know there was an AD&D 2nd Edition book called Chronomancer, but I've never gotten it.. Is your version based on it, or is it your take on the class?
Kingslayer

Post by Kingslayer »

tkdco2 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 11:21 pm I know there was an AD&D 2nd Edition book called Chronomancer, but I've never gotten it.. Is your version based on it, or is it your take on the class?
It is my take on the class. Any similarities would be pure coincidence as I have never seen the book.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In general you should not ask that question, and more importantly, don't answer it. As an OGL-dependent author you must not describe your work in terms of any other named game.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
tkdco2

Post by tkdco2 »

I'm sorry; I didn't realize it was a rule violation. I won't make that mistake again.