Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
gabeprime

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by gabeprime »

Btw, are there any more characters you need to have a portrait for that you’d like me to draw? I might be able to do 1 or 2 for now.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:11 am Actually, I held out 5 pictures that, in my opinion, aren't really characters. One is Gabe Fua's group of adventurers, which I think will go on the title page. Is that one of those you're asking about? And can you tell me what the others are, so I'll know if I've missed something or if it was a deliberate choice?
There are 3 that I put there after you cleaned it out. One is an elf maiden and two are "door" related pictures that also have characters present.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

gabeprime wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:21 am Btw, are there any more characters you need to have a portrait for that you’d like me to draw? I might be able to do 1 or 2 for now.
That's very kind of you to offer! I think I'm going to stick with my pattern so far, which is to have you create the handful of "famous" characters among the normal ones...

My first choice would be Odovacar Alcimus Libo (p.98) the adventurer-turned-showman who influenced Magic-Users throughout the book.
Last edited by toddlyons on Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

toddlyons wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:13 am
gabeprime wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:21 am Btw, are there any more characters you need to have a portrait for that you’d like me to draw? I might be able to do 1 or 2 for now.
That's very kind of you to offer! I think I'm going to stick with my pattern so far, which is to have you create the handful of "famous" characters among the normal ones...

My first choice would be Odovacar Alcimus Libo (p.98) the adventurer-turned-showman who influenced Magic-Users throughout the book.

My second choice is Valentina Vibulanus (p.88) the evil Cleric villainess who leads The Tetrad. She's an intentionally undefined otherwordly being appearing in human form, and you can depict her any way you want to.
Ooh. Interesting. I’ll think about these. Thanks.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I did not know you had added images after I cleared them out. SO... now I'll go format them and add them to the document I'm wanting you to go through.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, one of those is too far out to be specific, so I've dropped it into the "filler art" pile. The other two have been added to the list I'd like you to look at, and said list put in your Dropbox folder.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

This book's references to Gelatinous Cube and Gold Dragon will have to be changed to whatever monsters end up replacing them. In the Gold Dragon's case, it's important that the ability to appear as a human being be persevered, otherwise I have some re-writing to do.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Cloud Dragon, now. The cube hasn't been dealt with yet.
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

Are there any other characters you were wanting pictures for after the three you mentioned to Gabe?
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

RamsHornStudios wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 2:41 am Are there any other characters you were wanting pictures for after the three you mentioned to Gabe?
I'll have to scan the book and check against my list of characters that have art. Right now, it's pure text and I have to "imagine" where the pictures will appear eventually. :) I'll have a look today.

Thanks!