Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
toddlyons

Re: Chrysogon's Coterie - 288 NPCs for your Campaign

Post by toddlyons »

Revision 13 (uploaded to the first post) makes some minor changes to Chysogon's bio, and adds more minor formatting that was lost during the reformatting (my fault), plus some other teenie errors I found.

It's very stable, content-wise.

Thanks Chris, Leon and Kyle. And Gabe -- for accepting my request to do the cover art. His test sketches look amazing. 8-)
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Question, what's Willow's weapon of choice? It doesn't say in her stat block. I assume it's a mace because she does 1d8+3 damage. Also, I guess she has Strength of 18 but STR is missing from the stat block.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

gabeprime wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 4:39 am Question, what's Willow's weapon of choice? It doesn't say in her stat block. I assume it's a mace because she does 1d8+3 damage. Also, I guess she has Strength of 18 but STR is missing from the stat block.
Nope. She has a Mace +3 which somehow got deleted. Glad you caught that. Fixed for the next version.

I have probably missed other stats that weren't generated by the NPC tool. It's just getting very hard to see the remaining errors.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

There's no rush to fix everything. Publication isn't a sprint, or even a marathon, it's a journey, and we get there when we get there.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
leon

Post by leon »

Here's feedback on seventh-level NPCs.

Pg 66 Lucas Sabinus: It would be nice if you summarized the special abilities of vampire form. You may copy-paste the vampire summary out of Terror in Tosasth. Likewise, knowing the exact stats for the wolf form would be useful.

Pg 70 Lexus Cossus: "People were horrified as the man they’d only seen reading books and nursing his ale deftly slaughtered the half-dozen invaders, then ride rode away."

Pg 72 Dagrun Eydis: You could summarize the special abilities of a wereboar here.

Pg 75 Lycaon Asellus: "Of course, if you do expose him, him his refusing to do further business with you will be the least of your worries."

Pg 76 Lindley Crawforde: "Guild" is capitalized twice but doesn't seem to be a proper noun.
I solemnly swear to fulfill the game master's oath to the best of my ability and judgment.

EmptyZ Campaign Blog: emptyz.com/blog
Personal Blog: leonatkinson.com
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 10:10 am There's no rush to fix everything. Publication isn't a sprint, or even a marathon, it's a journey, and we get there when we get there.
Release early, release often. :) But yeah, once it's reaches a "Downloads" level of quality I'd like to ease off. At this point, the issues are very minor mistakes and are easy to correct.
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Release 14 (first post in the thread) fixes AC calculation for a number of characters, adds some missing ability scores, fixed some formatting in a few stat blocks, and has a few fixes from Leon.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Paradoxically, I won't put it on the Downloads page until the update rate slows. Once it goes a week without a textual update, I'll get it a slot and put it up.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Intro, paragraph: revise to Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules
Should section and page headers be “First-Level Characters” rather than “First Level characters”, etc?
Page 3, Arna Bloms: equipment lists “leather armor Mail”
Page 5, Ringo Grandhollow: parenthesis needs to move in front of comma: STR 15 (+1,)
Page 6, Ulricus Lentinus: needs a comma after CON value
Page 7, Ansgar Grosf: extra space between text and stats
Page 9, Regina Pictor: needs a comma after DEX value
Page 17, Hartmut Glasse: correct to Potion of Longevity
Page 21, Trilby Ackermane: correct to Potion of Delusion (fire resistance)
Page 25, Elton Townsende: correct to Potion of Undead Control
Page 28, “Never-wrong” Nestor Benton: correct to Potion of Giant Strength
Page 28, Fleta Kendrick: correct to Potion of Flying
Page 31, Brianag Mohani: correct to Potion of Plant Control
Page 32, Cassandra Flamen: correct to Potion of Levitation
For all subsequent entries, please correct magical items to capitalize all names like above (many if not most entries will need to address this)

Page 36, Emericus Vestalis: change period after CON value to a comma
Page 37, Florine Lentulus: correct to Dagger +1
Page 66, Sigurd Birger: add comma after CON value
Page 72, Wymond Worthame: correct to Dagger +1
Page 77, Rodachan Whaleni: missing CHA entry/value
Page 78, Dahlia Ware: shouldn’t have #At nor Dam, and Mv should be 0’
Page 80, Tomas Cockes: missing DEX entry/value
Page 82, Orvar “The Arrow” Inghild: missing DEX entry/value
Page 85, Ailish Fylani: missing CHA entry/value
Page 104, page header: correct “My Adventure” to “Chrysogon's Coterie”
Page 104: suggest moving “This book has been translated from Canadian to American English.” to the title page, on a line above the copyright line; perhaps also italicize it
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

Thank you, Chi. Release 15 (first post in the thread) makes all of Chi's fixes with the exception of:
chiisu81 wrote: Mon Dec 05, 2022 11:01 pm Should section and page headers be “First-Level Characters” rather than “First Level characters”, etc?
Page 104, page header: correct “My Adventure” to “Chrysogon's Coterie”
...because this would mean modifying page headers, which was a disaster the last time I attempted it. :lol:

Also, Page 104: “This book has been translated from Canadian to American English.” was there as a humorous Easter egg to see if people read licensing information, so it was deleted rather than moved to the title page.