CS3 Mysterious Island Contest

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Mysterious Island Contest

Post by Solomoriah »

If I was hard up for adventure materials I might take the shortcut. But that's why I have all you guys... :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

Solomoriah wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:04 am I want AI to do the boring things that I don't want to do. Sorting bad fruit from good fruit, for example. I don't want it doing the creative things, because being creative is what makes life worth living to me.
This part right here.

Let AI do my day job so I can do stuff I actually enjoy.
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

It is perfectly fair for the editing team to restrict submissions for publication to human-generated content. The robots should work for us, not the other way around, right? :)

However, it is pretty clear that AIs like ChatGPT are here to stay and I do think they have a role to play in RPGs. Everyone has their own interests in gaming, but I actually like to *play* and anything that can reduce the amount of prep time is interesting to me. Especially if it eliminates drudge work like room stocking or treasure hoard generation.

Maybe the Mysterious Island thread isn't the right place for this discussion, but I'd like to know more about how Rutibex used the prompts above to generate his text.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

sean8223 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:56 am Maybe the Mysterious Island thread isn't the right place for this discussion, but I'd like to know more about how Rutibex used the prompts above to generate his text.
Feel free to start a new thread for such topic.
I think its a tool (and it depends on its user how much they want to use as a base or as a final product), it should be used in specific conditions, a Contest against non AI users is not a condition for use, but as a standalone think, sure, but I would really prefer is such AI used is credited so people have the choice of using or ignoring.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Rutibex

Post by Rutibex »

sean8223 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:56 am It is perfectly fair for the editing team to restrict submissions for publication to human-generated content. The robots should work for us, not the other way around, right? :)

However, it is pretty clear that AIs like ChatGPT are here to stay and I do think they have a role to play in RPGs. Everyone has their own interests in gaming, but I actually like to *play* and anything that can reduce the amount of prep time is interesting to me. Especially if it eliminates drudge work like room stocking or treasure hoard generation.

Maybe the Mysterious Island thread isn't the right place for this discussion, but I'd like to know more about how Rutibex used the prompts above to generate his text.
Sure, I'd love to make another thread about using AI tools for DMing! I'll put it togeather when I'm home and in front of my computer.

edit: here is the new thread
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=4694
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

Here's my entry.
I've been wanting to do a mini-setting with placed encounters for each hex, so that's what I did for the island.
Attachments
C3 Colairta A Feral Farm Crawl-r1.odt
(4.88 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Wing_department

Post by Wing_department »

And here is my entry, Cranial Croaks:

(EDIT: replaced "Dryad Gypsy" with "Dryad Fortune Teller")
Attachments
C3 Cranial Croaks-r1.odt
(4.82 MiB) Downloaded 69 times
Last edited by Wing_department on Fri Feb 03, 2023 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The biggest fan of Ockham's razor.
Rutibex

Post by Rutibex »

Wing_department wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 10:11 am And here is my entry, Cranial Croaks:
This is really cool, I love the story of this island! Mind control tadpoles run amok ahaha.

One thing though, I would think about renaming the Gypsy Dryad. Some people are really sensitive about that particular word.
Rutibex

Post by Rutibex »

Bumblepig wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:16 am Here's my entry.
I've been wanting to do a mini-setting with placed encounters for each hex, so that's what I did for the island.
I love it! I was hoping someone would do an Island of Doctor Moreau, it feels like the right kind of island for D&D.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Rutibex wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:20 am One thing though, I would think about renaming the Gypsy Dryad. Some people are really sensitive about that particular word.
This is a good point.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org