#Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 2 (February)

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
coureur_d_bois

#Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 2 (February)

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Dungeon Level 2 - February

Random encounters table (roll 1d8)
  1. The Wounded Halfling
  2. One-eye-hand
  3. The apparition of the warrior maiden
  4. 1d6 Gnolls
  5. 1d8 Troglodytes
  6. The Wounded Hyena
  7. A single Orc
  8. A strong wind gust - The Guardian
Dungeon rooms/areas Contributors:
  • Solomoriah
  • coureur_d_bois
  • Rick Pease
  • lars_alexander
  • toddlyons
  • MinkyBoodle
  • zace66
  • Jim1804
Change log:
  • 2023-01-31: Created master post.
  • 2023-02-01: Added rooms 1, 2 and 29; Added contributors to the list.
  • 2023-02-05: Updated title of room 1 and added room 3.
  • 2023-02-08: Added rooms 4, 5, and 6.
  • 2023-02-12: Added random encounter.
  • 2023-02-13: Added two random encounters; Added room 7 and 11.
  • 2023-02-14: Added rooms 8, 10, 14, 26, and 27; Added two random encounters; Updated contributor list.
  • 2023-02-16: Added room 15; Updated contributor list
  • 2023-02-19: Added room 12, 16, and 17; Added two random encounters; Updated contributor list
  • 2023-02-20: Added room 13
  • 2023-02-27: Added room random encounter; Updated contributors' list; Added room 9
  • 2023-02-28: Added all remaining rooms; Updated contributor's list.
Attachments
Dungeon23-CommunityEdition-r3.pdf
(1.43 MiB) Downloaded 74 times
Dungeon23-CommunityEdition-r3.odt
(932.93 KiB) Downloaded 59 times
Level 2 flat.png
Level 2 flat.png (210.6 KiB) Viewed 765 times
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Wed Mar 01, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 44 times in total.
Rik Pease

Re: #Dungeon23 #CommunityEdition - Level 2 (February)

Post by Rik Pease »

Room 1 - Echoes of a Distant Battle

**Boxed Text**
The stairs are old and worn by countless feet moving to and fro from the chamber below. It is clear that the room was once grand. On the ground are fragments of an abstract mosaic, and the walls bear the remnants of old frescos. Though chipped and stained by the passage of time the paint reveals images of conflict. Dwarves and gnomes are depicted standing fast against hordes of living dead. At the rear of the undead host there is a shadowy winged form, it's golden eyes glow balefully.
**End Boxed Text**

There is a secret door which has been jammed with a spike, the chances of finding it are increased by 1
Last edited by Rik Pease on Fri Feb 10, 2023 7:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.
That which does not kill you is likely to still hurt alot, so best avoid it if possible.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Don't be too impatient... :D

You'll get the map tomorrow. It's not February yet, and the January key isn't quite full yet either...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

29. Leap Year:

*** Begin Boxed Text ***

The passageway into this thirty-foot-square room has a wide, tall marble arch halfway down it. Through the arch you see a room with empty wall sconces spaced about every five feet around the walls. In the center of the far wall is a large brass disk, a good six feet in diameter and clearing the floor by more than a foot. It seems to be supported on a central axle of some kind, with a brass sun-symbol covering the hub; a brass pointer curves up and over the disk, pointing downward just above the edge of the upper curve. There seem to be markings around the edge of the disk.

*** End Boxed Text ***

Adventurers are likely to be suspicious of the marble arch, but careful inspection will reveal nothing special about it. Detect magic will show that the entire room and the twenty-foot-long entrance passageway are all magical.

After they finally pass through the arch and enter the room, they will likely want to examine the disk more closely:

*** Begin Boxed Text ***

The edge of the disk is marked with numbers, and it is immediately obvious that the disk is a calendar of a sort. Each group of numbers corresponds to a month, and the month's name appears just below the numbers when they are at the top of the disk. The pointer is presently aimed squarely at the first day of the first month.

*** End Boxed Text ***

The magic of the room is simple. Anyone who exits the room via the entrance passage (to the south) will disappear as they reach a point 10 feet past the arch, being teleported as close as possible to the geometric center of the room that corresponds to the month and day indicated by the pointer. The disk turns with moderate force, stopping almost as soon as it is released, so it's not possible to spin it like a wheel of fortune.

There is no 29th day of February on the disk, so it is not possible to set the disk to deliver someone back to this room.

The pointer is a bit flexible. If manipulated at all, it is likely to become misaligned. Roll 3d6 on the table below to determine how many days off it becomes after being handled. Manually "correcting" the pointer simply requires a new roll on the table. Do NOT reveal the results of these rolls to the players! They should only discover the degree of inaccuracy by experimentation. And of course, never tell the players the number of a room!

3 -3 days
4-5 -2 days
6-8 -1 days
9-12 +0 days
13-15 +1 days
16-17 +2 days
18 +3 days
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Also, I did not say this before, but please do not use class supplements when designing adventures. Never force a GM to use a supplement they don't want; the only exception is generally monsters, which can be drawn from any legit BFRPG source or built from scratch if you want.
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Room 2 - The Hidden Stairs

If the players arrive from room 1, through the secret door, read the following text.

***Boxed Text***

The secret entrance opens to a corridor that splits right away. Facing you is a set of stairs that go down into the depths of the dungeon. To your left, a long corridor disappears into darkness. A weird gooey gurgling noise faintly resonates in the corridor in irregular intervals.

***End Box Text***

If the players arrive from the north, coming from area 3.

***Boxed Text***

As you turn right on this corridor that appeared to be endless, you discover another long corridor that plunged into darkness. A weird gooey gurgling noise faintly resonates in the corridor in irregular intervals.

***End Box Text***

Note to GM: The noise is caused by a Gray Ooze located half-way into the long 70 feet corridor. Elves or Dwarves (or any other player that has dark-vision) will be able to see it, but a torch will not provide enough light to clearly discern what is causing the noise and will instead allow the bearer to see an odd mass or matter that shivers and moves slowly.

The Gray Ooze: The jelly has not eaten in quite a while and will be quite aggressive, slowly charging at any living being that dares to walk into this hallway.
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Hope I'm not jumping the gun or butting in but figured I'd at least try to contribute something.

Room 3 - The Secret Library

***Boxed Text***

The wall panel slides aside, revealing a narrow and slightly elongated room lined with bookshelves. The books are covered in dust, many appearing to be old and brittle. A woman stands in the room over the body of an old wizard. As she turns to you she begins to sob and pleads for you to help her escape from this place.

***End Boxed Text***

Note to the GM: The majority of the books in this room are worthless. A careful search throughout will yield a a page from an old spellbook that can serve as a scroll of ventriloquism.

The woman is Lillandra Silverfox, an elf magic-user/thief. She had accompanied the fallen wizard into this dungeon in hopes of finding magical items to aid in her criminal activities. After finding the library she turned on the wizard, killing him in the process. She plays the victim to the PCs. If the party agrees to take her with them she will help them...so long as it serves her own goals. She will definitely betray the party the moment she sees an opportunity to improve her situation.

Lillandra Silverfox, Elf Magic-User/Thief 3:
AC 12, hp 12, #At 1 short sword or 1 dagger +1 or spell, Dam 1d6
or 1d4+1, Mv 40’, Sv M/T3
Equipment: short sword, dagger +1, ring of protection +1, wand of levitate (4 charges remaining)
Spells: detect magic, light, locate object
"My love is my sword."
"If I were you I'd stay away from thoughts like that."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
Rik Pease

Post by Rik Pease »

I like the Secret Library :D
That which does not kill you is likely to still hurt alot, so best avoid it if possible.
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

Rik Pease wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:07 am I like the Secret Library :D
Awww...thank you.
"My love is my sword."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II
MinkyBoodle

Post by MinkyBoodle »

We seem to be getting behind. Guessing we've all got writer's block.
"My love is my sword."
-Dekar and Guy, Lufia II