Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules

Post by Boggo »

gabeprime wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:29 am
Boggo wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:42 pm OH NO! I'm next to Gabe!!! (/jk)
Maybe that’s because we’re in the same part of the world. 😉
heh geographical signatures!!
No matter where you go...there you are
danielmark_n_3d

Post by danielmark_n_3d »

Likely not feasible but is there a chance of a change list being posted at some point from 3rd to 4th edition, to help those with physical copies of 3rd to decide whether they need to get the physical 4th when released? Feels the move from one edition to another matters a touch more this time than ones in the past with the SRD scrub?
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

I hope to see some half-page art on pages 44 and 180.

And it doesn't seem like Jeremy signed his Kobold, though anyone seeing his werewolf would see the style and think, "Yeah. That's the same guy."
Jim1804

Post by Jim1804 »

gabeprime wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:30 am
Jim1804 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:46 pm Sooo excited to see the 4th Ed posted. Who’s up for a celebratory one shot? :D
Posted as in available for download? It already is in the downloads page. Still needs some work I heard but it’s there if you want to see it as it is now.
No, I know. That’s what I’m celebrating! :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

toddlyons wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 9:01 am I hope to see some half-page art on pages 44 and 180.

And it doesn't seem like Jeremy signed his Kobold, though anyone seeing his werewolf would see the style and think, "Yeah. That's the same guy."
Not all artists sign their art; many of our "classic" pieces are unsigned.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Cumbana820

Post by Cumbana820 »

I thought Magic Missile had to have it's name changed? I'm glad it didn't!
Boggo

Post by Boggo »

I just want to thank you Solo for fixing the 49 year old travesty of coin weights!
No matter where you go...there you are
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Cumbana820 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:21 pm I thought Magic Missile had to have it's name changed? I'm glad it didn't!
You haven't watched my video, Victory!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKxG11kJB4o
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
TPFox

Re: R108 Final Task List

Post by TPFox »

I'm up to about page 100 now plodding through monsters. It's been an enjoyable read, though reading Magic Jar felt like reading a long Article complete with subsections in a legal text. With this in mind, I was wondering about combining stats for giants and dragons say into 1 table each and offering the description with greater brevity. For example, most giants throw rocks - just the size and damage varies. Some monsters were described as evil in a game without alignment. Who's to say all Kobolds are evil?

Optional rules for an appendix (or maybe I'll hammer out a supplement?? for 4th ed. :lol: ):
- encumbrance - characters carry # of items equal to constitution (-2 for hobbits?)
- larger beasts / elephants / boat - encumbrance just eyeballed by GM (ruling over rules)
- distances - very far (5 or more), far (4), distant (3), close (2), and nearby (1) - miniatures can give a rough idea of marching order and combat with out graph paper (if you need squares, the number above indicate the number of squares away)
- speed - set as very fast (x2), fast (x1.5), medium (x1), slow (x0.75), very slow (x0.5), immobile (x0) - (if you need graph paper - x1 means 1 space of movement)

Anyways, I'll give a full list of edits (and comments) when I get through the whole beast.
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

My art is signed when I actually remember to sign it. :lol: