Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 4th Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Boggo

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules

Post by Boggo »

RamsHornStudios wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:50 am My art is signed when I actually remember to sign it. :lol:
Always sign man! and always in the picture, NFTs!!!
No matter where you go...there you are
toddlyons

Post by toddlyons »

RamsHornStudios wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:50 am My art is signed when I actually remember to sign it. :lol:
I figured as much. :D Anyway, it's okay. Even without a signature, your drawings are still unmistakeably your style.
RamsHornStudios

Post by RamsHornStudios »

toddlyons wrote: Mon Feb 06, 2023 4:11 am I figured as much. :D Anyway, it's okay. Even without a signature, your drawings are still unmistakeably your style.
I had a much longer art dry spell a few years back, like 10 years, and when I started up again an art buddy I've known since I was 12 said "I could immediately tell it was your art" after I posted it.

I guess I've got a style! ;)
TPFox

Re: R108 Final Task List

Post by TPFox »

Ok finally cleared monsters in R108. I'm up to treasures, so hopefully, will be done before the weekend...
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

I'm through the book now. I just have to type my notes out, and get them here...
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Ok, I have finished looking over the draft of BF 4th edition, and as others simply use two names, I can be credited at Timothy Fox.

I'm going to get this to you in sections, so you can start work on it. This includes pages 1 to 38. I will get you more later today.... Again sorry for the slow process, but typing my handwritten notes out clearly takes a little time.

-------

EDITS (by page number)
2 – What do I need to play?
“If you are the Game Master, you need all of the above. If this is your first time as GM, or you have limited preparation time, you might wish to use a pre-written adventure (called a module) rather than to create one yourself.”
• Change to “rather than create”

4 – Hit Points and Hit Dice
“When a character is injured, they loses hit points from their current total…”
• Change to “they lose”

7 – Fighters
“Not surprisingly, Fighters are best at fighting of all the classes.”
• Change to “Fighters are the best”

9 – Open Locks
“...If the attempt fails, the Thief must wait until they has gained…”
• Change to “they have”

Move Silently
“Move Silently, like Remove Traps, is always rolled by the GM. The Thief will usually believe they is moving silently regardless of the die roll, but those they is trying to avoid will hear the Thief if the roll is failed.”
• Change both errors to “they are”

Hide
“Hide permits the Thief to hide in any shadowed area large enough to contain their body. Like Move Silently, the Thief always believes they is being successful, so the GM makes the roll. A Thief hiding in shadows must remain still for this ability to work.”
• Change to “they are”

15 – Spells
“The number of spells of each level which a Cleric or Magic-User may cast per day is shown on the appropriate table in the Characters section, above.”
• Change to “in the previous section on Characters.”

“...If a spellcaster is attacked (even if not hit) or must make a saving throw (whether successful or not) on the Initiative number on which they is casting a spell, the spell is spoiled and lost. As a specific exception, two spell casters releasing their spells at each other on the same Initiative number will both succeed in their casting; one caster may disrupt another with a spell only if they has a better Initiative, and chooses to delay casting the spell until right before the other caster.”
• Change to “they are”
• Change to “they have”
• Change to “and choose”

Cleric Spells
“...a Cleric may prepare any spell of any level they is able to cast.”
• Change to “they are”

19 – Confusion
“If a confused character is attacked, it return the attack at its next initiative…”
• Change to “it returns”

20 – Cure Blindness
• Comment: Is Cause Blindness as a reverse spell possible? What about Cause Disease as an opposite of Cure Disease?

“This spell works as well indoors or even underground as it does in the outdoors. However, find the path works with respect to locations, not objects or creatures. It can only lead someone to a destination that on the same plane of existence as the caster when cast; this can be very limiting if the caster (and subject if any) is in a closed or pocket universe of some kind.”
• Change to “that is on the same plane”

23 – Floating Disc
“The disc floats level to the ground, at about the height of the caster's waist. It remains still when within 10' of the caster, and follows at the caster's movement rate if they moves away from it.”
• Change to “they move”

Fly
“The subject of this spell can fly at a speed equal to their normal ground movement rate (as adjusted by encumbrance). The subject can ascend at half movement rate and descend at twice normal movement rate, with the same maneuverability as the subject has when moving on the ground. “
• Change to “at half their movement rate”
• Change to “twice their normal movement rate”

“If the spell expires while the subject is still airborne, the magic fails slowly such that the subject descends at a rate of 120 feet per round for 1d10 rounds. If the subject reaches the ground in that time they lands safely, but if not the subject falls the rest of the distance, suffering normal falling damage. However, if this spell is ended by dispel magic or similar outside forces the subject falls immediately.”
• Change to “time,”
• Change to “they land”
• Change to “safely;”
• Change to “but if not,”
• Change to “similar outside forces,”

Geas
“A saving throw vs. Spells will allow an unwilling target to resist a geas when it is first cast. However, the target may choose to accept the geas, typically as part of a bargain with the caster for some service. Once subjected to this spell, the subject must obey the instructions given by the caster indefinitely, though if the geas is to perform some action the spell effectively ends when that action has been completed.”
• Change to “indefinitely;”
• Change to “some action,”

24 – Growth of Animals
“This spell does not place the affected animal under the caster's control. Gear worn or carried by the subject are enlarged also, but not altered in any other way, and if removed from the creature such items resume their normal size instantly. Any magical properties of such enlarged items are not changed.”
• Change to “creature,”
• Comment: Is the reverse spell Shrinking Animals possible??

Growth of Plants
“This spell cannot take effect in an area that does not already have some plants present. Any sort of animated plant creature affected by this spell is allowed a saving throw vs. Spells to resist, but if this save fails it is affected as with growth of animals above.”
• Change to “fails,”

“The reverse form, shrink plants, may be used to render overgrown areas passable. The area of effect is identical to the normal version. Animated plant creatures are normally unaffected by this spell, but if such creatures have already been enlarged by growth of plants this spell will reverse the effect. In the latter case, a saving throw vs. Spells is allowed to resist.”
• Change to “growth of plants,”

25 – Invisibility
“becomes invisible.”
• Part of sentence missing. Add the rest of it from r107 → “The creature or object touched becomes invisible.”

“The spell lasts at most 24 hours, unless it is ended sooner. The spell ends immediately if the subject attacks an opponent or casts a spell of any kind. Other actions do not normally end the spell. The subject may end the spell whenever they wishes.”
• Change to “they wish.”

26 – Invisibility 10’ Radius
“If any member negates the effect by attacking or casting a spell, it becomes visible but all other members remain invisible. The exception is the original subject; if they takes an action that negates the invisibility, it ends for the entire group.”
• Change to “they take”

Levitate
“When this spell is cast, the caster or any one creature or object they touches begins to levitate.”
• Change to “they touch”

“If a target creature is unwilling the caster must roll a successful attack roll in order to touch the target, and even if this roll succeeds the target is allowed a save vs. Spells to resist the magic.”
• Change to “unwilling,”
• Change to “succeeds,”

“If a levitating creature attempts to attack with most weapons it will find that it is unstable.”
• Change to “weapons,”

Light
“Reversed, light becomes darkness, creating an area of darkness just as described above. This darkness blocks out Darkvision and negates mundane light sources. Wherever both spells overlap they cancel out, leaving only normal illumination in the overlapping area.”
• Change to “overlap,”

“Either version of this spell may be used to blind an opponent by means of casting it on the target's ocular organs. The target is allowed a saving throw vs. Death Ray to avoid the effect, and if the save is made the spell does not take effect at all.”
• Change to “made,”

Lightening Bolt
“Casting this spell causes a bright thin spark about the thickness of a string to fly forth from the caster's pointing finger indicates the direction.”
• Change to “finger, which indicates”

27 – Lightening Bolt (continued)
“If a lightning bolt is targeted at a body of water it explodes at the point of impact, as described above, but within the water volume struck it expands like a fireball to a maximum radius of 20 feet instead of performing as it does in the air. If a lightning bolt is cast underwater it explodes in the same way, but at the tip of the caster's outstretched finger.”
• Change to “underwater,”

Lower Water
“Using this spell the caster lowers the level of the water in a river, a lake, or even the sea by up to 2 feet per caster level for the given duration, but to no less than 1 inch deep.”
• Change to “spell,”
• Note: Could Raise Water be the opposite spell?

Magic Jar
“If the attempt to possess a victim fails the caster's spirit remains in the magic jar, and that target creature is immune to further attempts for the duration of the spell.”
• Change to “fails,”

“The caster may make attempt to possess another target on the following round, if desired.”
• Change to “make an attempt”

•Note: Lengthy spell description. Anyway to shorten it or simplify the rules a little?

28 – Magic Mouth
“Finally, the spell cannot detect character's class, level, ability scores, or any other item not obvious to a normal NPC.”
• Change to “detect a character’s class”

Massmorph
“With this spell the caster causes 1d4+1 man-sized (or smaller) creatures per four caster levels…”
• Change to “spell,”

“The caster may end the spell early if they wishes by speaking a single word.”
• Change to “they wish”

29 – Neutralize Poison
“if cast upon a creature slain by poison…”
• Change to “If”

30 – Purify food and water
“With this spell the caster…”
• Change to “With this spell,”
• Note: possible opposite spell – Poison Food and Water?

30 to 31 – Quest
“...if the quest is to perform some action the spell effectively ends when that action has been completed.”
• Change to “some action,”

31 – Raise Dead
“First level characters are reduced to Normal Man status, if the character was already a Normal Man type they loses a point of Constitution.”
• Change to “Normal Man status.”
• Change to “If the character was already a Normal Man,”
• Change to “they lose”

33 – Resist Cold
“...and even if the saving throw fails the protected creature only takes half damage).
• Change to “fails,”
• Note: possible opposite spell → Weakness to Cold

34 – Simple Illusion
“A similar save may be granted by the GM any time they feels the illusion is likely to be seen through, especially if the player describes an illusion which seems improbable or otherwise poorly conceived.”
• Change to “they feel”

Sleep
“Slapping or shaking a such a creature will awaken it in 1d4 rounds, but normal noises will not awaken one.”
• Change to “shaking such”
• Note: opposite spell → Awaken?

Speak with Animals
“The caster may change which animal they is speaking with at will, once per round.”
• Change to “they are”

Speak with Monsters
“The caster may change which animal they is speaking with at will, once per round.”
• Change to “they are”

35 – Telekinesis
“In order to use this power the caster must maintain concentration, moving no more than normal movement (no running), making no attacks and casting no further spells.”
• Change to “power,”

36 – Disaster
“Cargo objects are not normally damaged but the result must be rolled for each such item to determine where it has appeared; in this case, if Disaster is rolled the cargo item disappears forever.”
• Change to “rolled,”

37 – Transform Self
“If the form assumed is capable of speaking and making appropriate gestures (as determined by the GM) the caster may use their own spells in the assumed form.”
• Change to “GM),”

Ventriloquism
“This spell causes the caster's voice to appear to come from other some location within range, for example, from a dark alcove or statue.”
• Change to “some other”

38 – Wall of Stone
“The wall can be formed into a container to trap creatures, and if this is attempted the targets of the spell are allowed to save vs. Death Ray to avoid being trapped. If the save is successful the targets are able to make up to one full move to a space outside the container.”
• Change to “attempted,”
Change to “successful,”

Web
“Within this limitation, the caster may choose any arrangement of webs they wishes, up to the limit of range and the given 8,000 cubic foot volume. The caster may choose to create a smaller volume if they wishes.”
• Change to “they wish”
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

39 – Web (continued)
“If any part of the web becomes unsupported it will collapse and disappear as noted above.”
• Change to “unsupported,”

Wizard Eye
“With this spell the caster creates an invisible magical "eye" through which they can see.”
• Change to “spell,”

Word of Recall
“With the utterance of a single word this spell transports the caster to a place of refuge which they designates when preparing the spell.”
• Change to “word,”
• Change to “they designate”

40 – Dungeon Adventures
“A character's movement rate is adjusted by their Encumbrance (the load they is carrying) as follows:”
• Change to “they are”

“Count the weight of armor worn when calculating encumbrance, because armor counts both for bulk and restrictiveness as well as for weight.”
• Change to “encumbrance because”

“Magic armor counts for its full weight but is not as bulky and restrictive as normal armor, thus granting an improved movement rate.”
• Change to “weight, but”

41 – Traps
“Trap detection may not be allowed if the trap is purely magical in nature; on the other hand, in such cases Magic-Users and/or Clerics may be able to detect magical traps at the given 1 in 1d6 chance, at the Game Master's option.”
• Change to “nature. On”
• Change to “in such cases, Magic-Users”

Dungeon Survival
“As described in the Equipment section, above, normal characters must consume one day's worth of rations (or equivalent food) and at least one quart of water per day.”
• Change to “As described in the previous Equipment section, normal…”

“Failure to consume enough food does not significantly affect a character for the first two days, after which they loses 1 hit point per day.”
• Change to “While failure to consume…”

“Inadequate water affects characters more swiftly; after a single day without adequate water, the character loses 1d4 hit points, and will lose an additional 1d4 hit points per day thereafter; healing ability is lost when the first die of damage is rolled.”
• Change to “Inadequate water affects characters more swiftly. After…”
• Change to “...thereafter. Healing…”

42 – Overland Travel
“Each day of forced march performed after the first inflicts 1d6 points of damage on the characters (and their animals, if any).”
• Change to “Each day of forced march performed after the first day inflicts…”

Waterborne Travel
“Note that sailed ships may travel 24 hours per day (if a qualified navigator is aboard), and so may be able to cover twice the normal distance per day of travel. This is in addition to the multiplier given below.”
• Change to “Note that sailing ships…”

“Movement of sailed ships varies depending on weather conditions, as shown on the following table. Sailing movement modifiers shown apply when sailing with the wind; sailing against the wind involves tacking (called "zigzagging" by landlubbers) which reduces movement rates as indicated on the table.”
• Change to “Movement of sailing ships…”
Change to “The sailing movement modifiers shown apply when…”

43 – Retainers
“In addition, the Game Master may apply any adjustments they feels are appropriate…”
• Change to “they feel”

44 – Animal Trainer
“A single animal trainer can train and manage no more than 5 animals at a time, though in most cases once an animal is fully trained, if it is put into service right away the animal trainer won't be needed to handle it any longer.”
• Change to “… if it is put into service right away, the animal trainer…”

47 – Monster Reactions
“The Game Master rolls 2d6, adding the Charisma bonus of the "lead" character (or applying their Charisma penalty) along with any other adjustments they feels are reasonable, and consults the table below:”
• Change to “they feel”

48 – Monster Reactions (continued)
“A Favorable result simply means that the monsters will consider letting the player characters live if they choose to parley; it does not necessarily mean that the monsters like the player characters.”
• Change to “...they choose to parley. It does not…”
“As always, interpreting the results of this roll is left to the GM, who may choose to alter the result if they believes a different result would be more enjoyable to play out than the one rolled.”
• Change to “they believe”

Initiative
“If a player states that they is waiting for another character or monster to act, then the player character's action takes place on the same Initiative number as the creature they is waiting for.”
• Change to “they are”
• Change to “they are”

50 – Melee Combat
“Melee occurs after a character has closed for combat and strikes at a monster or other foe.”
• Change to “Melee occurs after a character has closed in for combat…”
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

51 – Missile Weapon Rate of Fireball
“In a dungeon environment this rate of fire…”
• Change to “In a dungeon environment, this rate of fire…”

53 – Oil
“Assuming some means of igniting the oil is at hand, a direct hit to a creature deals 1d8 points of fire damage, plus in the next round the target takes an additional 1d8 points of damage, unless they spends the round extinguishing the flames by some reasonable means.”
• Change to “...1d8 points of damage, unless they spend…”

Holy Water
“To use it against an incorporeal creature it must be opened and poured or splashed onto the target, generally requiring the attacker to be directly adjacent to it.”
• Change to “To use it against an incorporeal creature, it must…”

57 – Item Saving Throws
“In any case where one or more items may be subject to damage, use the saving throw roll of the bearer to determine if the item is damaged or not. For example, a character holding an open spellbook is struck by a fireball spell; they must save vs. Spells, and then save again at the same odds for the spellbook.”
• Change to “In any case, where one or more…”
• Change to “For example, if a character holding an open spellbook is struck by a fireball spell, they must save…..”

“The GM should feel free to amend this rule as they wishes; ……..”
• Change to “they wish;”

58 – Hit Dice
“So for example a creature with 3+2 hit dice rolls 3d8 and adds 2 points to the total. A few monsters may be marked as having ½ hit dice; this means 1d4 points, and the creature has "less than one hit die." for attack bonus purposes.”
• Change to “So for example, a creature…”
• Change to “the creature has “less than one hit die” for attack bonus purposes.”

“If the monster's Attack Bonus is different than its number of Hit Dice, for convenience the Attack Bonus will be listed in parentheses after the Hit Dice figure.”
• Change to “Hit Dice, for convenience, the Attack Bonus…”
Movement
• Note: What is the turning distance? It’s not clear to me from the rules.

Attacks
“The number (and sometimes type or types) of attacks the monster can perform.”
• Change to “This is the number….”

Damage
“The damage figures caused by successful attacks by the monster.”
• Change to “This is the damage amount cause by successful attacks by the monster.”

Save as
“The character class and level the monster uses for saving throws.”
• Change to “This is the character class and level…”

Morale
“The number that must be rolled equal to or less than on 2d6 for the monster to pass a Morale Check.”
• Change to “This is the number that must be rolled ….”

Treasure Type
“A monster's treasure is normally found in the its lair, unless described otherwise; sometimes for monsters who live in towns or other large groups this line will describe both the lair treasure as well as treasure carried by random individuals.”
• Change to “A monster’s treasure is normally found in its lair, unless ….”

XP
“The number of experience points awarded for defeating this monster.”
• Change to “This is the number of experience points …….”

59 – Beasts of Burden
• Note: Needs to be properly alphabetized under “B” monsters/encounters?

61 – Bat (and Bat, Giant)
“A group of normal-sized bats has no effective attack (at least in terms of doing damage) but can confuse those in the area, flying around apparently randomly.”
• Change to “… terms of doing damage), but can ….”

62 – Bee, Giant
“In each such hive will be a queen who is has 2 hit dice and inflicts only a bite doing 1d8 points of damage.”
• Change to “In each such hive will be a queen who has 2 hit dice …..”

64 – Beetle, Giant Oil
“A cure light wounds spell may be used to remove this effect, but if so used the spell does not also restore hit points to the victim.”
• Change to “… this effect, but if so used, the spell does not ….”

Blood Rose
“Living creatures who smell the fragrance must save vs. Poison or become befuddled, dropping anything carried and approaching the plant.”
• Change to “… befuddled, dropping anything carried and approach the plant.”

70 – Dinosaur, Triceratops
“When facing opponents of smaller size a triceratops will usually attempt to trample them, reserving the gore attack for larger opponents.”
• Change to “When face opponents of smaller size, a triceratops ….”

Dinosaur, Tyrannosaurus Rex
“Despite this, they are not used to attack, as the tyrannosaur's powerful bite is its preferred weapon.”
• Change to “Despite this, they are not used to attacking, as the tyrannosaur’s …….”

72 – Dragon
“In combat dragons use a powerful bite, slashing claws, a long, whiplike tail, and most famously some form of breath weapon.”
• Change to “In combat, dragons use a powerful ……”

73 – Dragon (continued)
• Note: picture of dragon missing! Only a grey box!

81 – Elemental*
“Once control is lost it cannot be regained, and the uncontrolled elemental will move directly toward the summoner and attack.”
• Change to “Once control is lost, it cannot be ……..”

84 – Elemental, Wood
“They take double damage from fire attacks of any kind, and deal 1d8 points of extra damage to creatures in contact with any woody materials, living or dead (including weapons or shields made mainly of wood).”
• Change to “They deal 1d8 points of extra damage to creatures in contact with any woody materials, living or dead (including weapons or shields made mainly of wood).”

“Wood elementals suffer double damage from the attacks of fire or lightning elementals.”
• Change to “However, wood elementals ………”

85 – Fish, Giant Bass
“Giant bass are predatory, and on a natural attack roll of 20 a giant bass will swallow whole a dwarf-sized or smaller creature, which then takes 2d4 damage per round until it is dead.”
• Change to “….. on a natural attack roll of 20, a giant bass will …..”

90 – Giant, Fire
“Fire giants are unfriendly to almost all other humanoid races, though they sometimes subjugate those living nearby races to act as their servants.”
• Change to “…. though they sometimes subjugate those living nearby to act as their servants.”

“In combat they favor heavy plate steel armor (the first AC given above) made of steel blackened by quenching in oil.”
• Change to “In combat, they favor …….”

92 – Giant, Mountains
“If they live near storm giants they may trade for better weapons (the second damage rating given above) but usually cannot afford storm giant armor.
• Change to “If they live near storm giants, they may …….”

93 – Giant, Storm
“Storm giants nearly the largest of the giants, with adult males standing 21 feet tall and weighing around 12,000 pounds; adult females average 20 feet and typically weigh around 11,000 pounds.”
• Change to “Storm giants are nearly the largest ……”

“Their equipment usually appears to be silver but those of the highest class or rank wear armor and bear arms of a bright and shining golden color.”
• Change to “Their equipment usually appears to be silver, but ……”

95 – Goblins
“Goblins are small, wicked humanoids.”
• Note: Is this necessarily true? Or are they easily fooled to serve conniving dark overlords?

Golem
“If all targets are killed or driven away the golem will move on, looking for more creatures to kill and breaking down any barrier that stands in its way if it is at all possible.”
• Change to “If all targets are killed or driven away, the golem ……”

“If this roll fails the golem turns its attention to the creator and pursues him or her with single-minded hatred.”
• Change to “If this roll fails, the golem ……”

“If a berzerk golem is unable to attack anyone for 5 rounds it resumes its inactive state, and the controller can again give it commands.”
• Change to “If a berserk …..”
• Change to “…. attack anyone for 5 rounds, it resumes its ……”

97 – Golem, Clay
“Wounds inflicted by a clay golem do not heal normally; worse, magical healing cures only 1 point per die rolled (but add all bonuses normally).”
• Change to “Wounds inflicted by a clay golem do not heal normally. Even worse, magical healing …”

99 – Golem, Stone
“Once every other round a stone golem has the ability to cast a slow effect, as the spell; a save vs. Spells is allowed to resist.”
• Change to “Once every other round, a stone golem ……….”

101 – Harpy
“Once in reach of a harpy a charmed victim will surrender completely, even allowing the harpy to attack and kill it without putting up any sort of resistance.”
• Change to “Once in reach of a harpy, a charmed victim will ………”

104 – Ironbane
“A ironbane (also called a corrosion beast) resembles ………”
• Change to “An ironbane ………”

105 – Jelly, Black
“If attacked with normal or magical weapons, or with lightning or electricity, a black jelly suffers no injury, but will be split into two jellies; the GM should divide the original creature's hit dice between the two however they sees fit, with the limitation that neither pudding may have less than two hit dice.”
• Change to “… however they see fit”

111 – Lycanthrope
“In animal or hybrid form lycanthropes may be hit only by silver or magical weapons.”
• Change to “In animal or hybrid form, lycanthropes may be …….”
TPFox

Post by TPFox »

Ok, here is the last batch! Can't believe I'm finally done. Lots of missing commas, and problems with "they is" vs. "they are" in the whole book.....

----------------
112 – Lycanthrope, Wereboar
“In human form they still tend to have "piggish" features such as gluttony and cunning, as well as an often strong physical resemblance. Wereboars usually dislike both hard work and responsibility, but they are bullies who still like to be in charge. They are easily bored with mundane things but are excited by violence (whether witnessing it or participating in it).
• Change to “In human form, they still ……”

Lycanthrope, Wererat
“…. in fact, in many cities wererats lead the guild of thieves, sometimes secretly, sometimes not so much.”
• Change to “…. in many cities, wererats ……..”

115 – Medusa
“In this way they hope to get closer to potential victims and more easily surprise them.”
• Change to “In this way, they hope to get …..”

116 – Mummy
“Mummies are normally man-sized, but due to their desiccation one will normally not weigh more than about 100 pounds.”
• Change to “….. but due to their desiccation, one will normally ……”

121 – Roc
“When rocs are encountered they are almost certainly hunting, and will generally attack creatures of horse size or less. If facing a large group the rocs may make passes close overhead to scatter them first before each chooses a single target to prey upon.”
• Change to “When rocs are encountered, they are …..”
• Change to “If facing a large group, the rocs may make ……”

129 – Squid, Giant
“If a group fails a morale check they will move away in random directions in hopes that at least one will escape any pursuit.”
• Change to “If a group fails a moral check, they will move …..”

130 – Sylvani
“Of course, if enemies are within reach the animated tree need not be uprooted.”
• Change to “Of course, if enemies are within reach, the animated tree need not be uprooted.”

136 – Destroying a vampire
“When reduced to zero hit points or less a vampire becomes incapacitated but is not slain (as previously explained).”
• Change to “When reduced to zero hit points or less, a vampire becomes ….”

“If the vampire is cremated in a funeral pyre while in any dormant state it will be destroyed.”
• Change to “….. any dormant state, it will be destroyed.”

“Of course, after staking a vampire it is possible to use sunlight, running water, or a funeral pyre as described above to complete its destruction.”
• Change to “Of course, after staking a vampire, it is possible ….”

137 – Whale, Killer
“They are however not above consuming a meal of humanoid nature.”
• Change to “They are, however, not above ……”

147 – Using Magic Items
“The GM may create "primitive" items lacking this power if they wishes.”
• Change to “…. they wish.”

148 – Affliction
“The character knows the weapon is cursed as soon as they uses it in combat; however, any attempt to throw it away fails, as the weapon magically appears back in the character's hand whenever they tries to draw any other weapon.”
• Change to “as soon as they use it”
• Change to “whenever they try to draw any other weapon.”

149 – mind reading
“mind reading: This potion grants the power of the spell of the same name.”
• Change heading to “Mind reading:”

150 – Spell Scrolls
“If a Magic-User attempts to cast a spell from a scroll, and they does not know that spell, there is a 10% chance the spell will fail.”
• Change to “and they do not know that ….”

152 – Miscellaneous Items
“These items may take any of several forms, and have a variety of effects; when randomly rolled the effect is determined first (as explained with the tables above) and then the form is rolled on a separate table.”
• Change to “… when randomly rolled, the effect is determined …..”

153 – Djinni Summoning
“Each device of this type has a specific djinni bound to it, which will be summoned to the wearer's location when they rubs the device while wearing it.”
• Change to “… when they rub the device …..”

“If the djinni bound to a device is ever slain the ring loses all magical properties.”
• Change to “If the djinni bound to the device is ever slain, the ring loses ……..”

154 – Penetrating Vision
“The effect extends at most 20 feet, and the wearer sees as if in normal light even they is in fact in total darkness.”
• Change to “…. even if they are in …...”

Protection from Energy Drain
“When the device's charges are exhausted it disintegrates into golden sparkles and disappears.”
• Change to “When the device’s charges are exhausted, it …….”
155 – Water Walking
“Molten lava will still cause the wearer damage from the heat since they is still near it. ”
• Change to “the heat since they are still …..”

Bag of Impossible Storage
“If this item is turned inside out all contents are dumped.”
• Change to “If this item is turned inside out, all contents ……”

“If living creatures are placed inside they will suffocate within a turn (with exceptions for creatures resistant to suffocation as determined by the GM).”
• Change to “If living creatures are place inside, they will …..”

“The bag's volume cannot be overfilled (as excess items simply cannot be put inside) but if overloaded above 500 pounds and lifted it will be torn.”
• Change to “… put inside), but if overloaded ….”
• Change to “…. above 500 pounds and lifted, it will be torn.”

Broom of Flying
“In addition, the broom can travel alone to any destination named by the owner as long as they has a good idea of the location and layout of that destination.”
• Change to “… by the owner as long as they have a good idea ….”

156 – Efreeti Bottle
“However, an efreeti who has spent too long in a bottle may have lost its mind, and if this happens the efreeti will begin a frenzied attack upon whoever activated the bottle, disappearing when either the user of the bottle or the efreeti is dead.”
• Change to “…. and if this happens, the efreeti will begin a ….”

157 – Rod of Summoning Elementals
“To activate this device it must be held in the hand and the command words inscribed on the length of the rod must then be spoken, which requires a full round to complete.”
• Change to “To activate this device, it must be held ……”

166 – Negative Hit Points
“At the end of each round after they falls, the character loses an additional hit point.”
• Change to “At the end of each round after they fall, the character …..”

168 – General Rules for Research
“For any research, Magic-User must have a tower or laboratory, while a Cleric requires a properly consecrated temple or church of their faith.”
• Change to “For any research, a Magic-User …..”

“The GM may, if they so desires, grant Experience Points to characters who successfully complete magical research.”
• Change to “The GM may, if they so desires, grant ……”
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

TPFox wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 10:47 am “The GM may, if they so desires, grant Experience Points to characters who successfully complete magical research.”
• Change to “The GM may, if they so desires, grant ……”
Did you mean correct to "The GM may, if they so desire, grant... "?