Libram Magica

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
daryen

Re: Libram Magica

Post by daryen »

Thanks chiisu!

That said, going through the other spells to see if anything is wrong or doesn't match up would be greatly appreciated!
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

This will take awhile to go through, obviously. Due to the page-count I may want to use the adventure template, with its dedicated title page, table of contents, along with the index, etc. I've been butchering several test copies of the ODT to see what works as well as looks best; it'll take awhile to settle on something and get through everything.
daryen

Post by daryen »

Sure, that's fine. It took me a while to get to this point, so I have no standing to expect someone else to work faster. :) Besides, the interim file is fully available in this thread. The template I used was just the original file.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

You've done a HELL of a lot of work, I want to make sure anything I do only builds upon it, and doesn't negate any of it!
daryen

Post by daryen »

One question on the contents: would it be OK if I include the spells I created for the Blood Heritage Sorcerer? I won't make any reference to the class (as I am limiting myself to the Downloads spellcasters), but I really like some of those spells, and I'd like to include them, if that is not too presumptuous.

I can include a list in the discussion here if it'd help.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Include the list here. The original authors should get a say in this.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
daryen

Post by daryen »

Oh, sure!

I just wanted to know if it was worth even posting the list.

Thanks!
daryen

Post by daryen »

Here is the list! Spell level is in parentheses.

Acid Splash (3) - Basically a fireball that does acid damage instead of fire damage. Nothing can be set on fire, but things can corrode or otherwise be affected by the acid.

Animate Elemental Objects (6) - Like animate objects/animate natural objects, except it applies to unworked stone or earth, water, and ice. Could affect fire or air/wind depending on GM's decision.

Burrow (3) - Allows caster to move at half-rate through earth and sand. Cannot suffocate while under the spell.

Claws (1) - Gives caster claws doing 1d6 lethal damage.

Dispel Elemental (4) - Like dispel evil, but works against creatures from elemental planes rather than "evil" planes.

Dragon Form (6) - Like polymorph self, but caster becomes a dragon of their choice, but may only have hit dice equal or less than their caster level. Gets all of a dragons abilities and special abilities, but no the spellcasting or knowledge of the dragon's language. (But they could already know it.)

Protection from Elemental (1) - Like protection from evil, but works against elemental creatures rather than "evil" creatures.

Speak with Dragons (4) - Allows caster to speak any dragon language and sound like a dragon doing it.

Wall of Ice (4) - Same as all of the other wall spells, but the substance is deeply frozen ice. It is nominally permanent (like the other wall spells), but is still ice and will melt, depending on the environment.

Wings (3) - Gives caster flight equal to their normal movement rate. Done through big-ole cool leathery wings.

All of these spells were created for the Draconic and Elemental blood heritages for the Blood Heritage Sorcerer. The most dubious one is probably speak with dragons, but all of them are fairly specialized. I really like acid splash and burrow, though, as they each add something to the game that doesn't otherwise exist at all.

Also, if any of these are absolute no-goes, I need to know that, too, as I will then kill it outright from the Sorcerer and try to find something else to replace it with.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

Directed at Solomoriah, Chiisu, Mods, and any other future contributors:

Even though I was the principal developer of Libram Magica (in the sense of doing the initial compiling work, I do not feel much "ownership" of this project. It is dear to me, but it pulls materials from so many places/people, that I think it unfair to project any sense of ownership over it. I do not mind if any particular improvements or additions are applied to it; I would not even mind if the "control aspect" over it is passed on to another/others. That said, I did do a tremendous amount of time/effort in what is already there, so I should remain credited in some fashion, but this really is a product that should be considered "community".

What that all means, is it is truly not necessary to gain MY permission on any collaboratively decided changes. I am saying this publicly in this thread so that all prospective individuals wishing to contribute here can do so freely without having to be "blessed by myself, and also directed at the MODs to not feel like they have to "remind anyone of going through me". Consider this project truly community property, and I invite others to contribute directly.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
daryen

Post by daryen »

Out of curiosity, does anyone have thoughts about the spells themselves? Any that are particularly problematic or that anyone thinks is cool?