BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Castle D'Angelo:- Area 40, "giant pangolins" should read "pangotheria".
Fixed.
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:An extremely picky point:- in area 58 we refer to "shortbow arrows +1". Elsewhere, such as in Valor True's treasure, we simply refer to "arrows +1". I don't think there's a difference between longbow arrows and shortbow arrows, as far as I'm aware?
Fixed in Valor True's equipment list. Do you know offhand where else the type of arrow isn't given?
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:In area 96, do we want stats for the centaurs?
No. As noted in the description: "(Obviously the staff is not useful in this adventure, except as a stick to hit things with.)" The staff cannot be used within Khaadk's green force field.
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:House of Coldarius:- area 33, we need to be clear that the mimic gets the earring bonuses (so it can detect invisible characters, etc.)
Noted, and applied.
PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Predmore needs better personal magic items than a single dagger +2. Also, where is his spellbook? (If I were he I'd secrete it somewhere in the Moonmist Moor, but room #35 is also a possibility.)
Hmm. I'll figure out a place to keep the spell books. Suggestions as to magic items?
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Arrows:- In wandering monsters, Neva's equipment list, Julianne's equipment list, and Cherry's equipment list. No other known instances apart from Valor True.

Predmore's a powerful vampire wizard, so needs some off-the-shelf stuff and some bespoke stuff. For the off-the-shelf stuff I think I'd give him a scarab of protection (7 charges remaining) for his own convenience and a ring of spell turning (2 uses remaining). Bespoke... how about the crown of retribution? Every time someone hits the wearer in melee, the crown fires a 1d6hp magic missile at them. Each time this happens the referee rolls 1d20. If the roll is "1" then the crown's magic is exhausted and it crumbles to dust.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I like the crown. But why a scarab? Vampires are immune to energy drain, so the only protection it would grant him is against curses.
PapersAndPaychecks

Oh, never mind, my mistake:- BFRPG vampires don't work in the way I was expecting.

I thought Predmore drained levels by touch, so I was giving him an item that would enable him to touch someone without draining their levels. (He'd give them the item.) Now I've checked the entry and I see they drain levels by bite, so the scarab's needless.
PapersAndPaychecks

PS Happy birthday. :)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Thank you sir!

... should we replace the scarab with something else? I am leaning toward a miscellaneous item, or a wand/staff/rod type.
BruceRipple

Post by BruceRipple »

Here's a Tin Golem for you!
Attachments
tin_golem.jpg
tin_golem.jpg (547.39 KiB) Viewed 5270 times
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Wow! 8-) Ok to put into Field Guide 2 as well?
PapersAndPaychecks

Now that's a first post. :!:

Nother magic item for the vampire, hmm. Cloak of darkness, automatically casts a darkness spell if exposed to full sunlight, three charges remaining.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I love the Tin Golem. :D
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?