BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

Good right now, I think, but watch this space...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
teaman

Post by teaman »

Solomoriah wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 3:12 pm Good right now, I think, but watch this space...
Thanks for letting me know. Also, I put some new character art in my art thread over the past few days. If you know of a workshop item that can use any of those, let me know and I'll put them there as well.

They should work with almost anything.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
sean8223

House of Coldarius -- Maps

Post by sean8223 »

The attached zip file contains SVG files for each of the levels in this adventure (from the BF3 "Strongholds of Sorcery" book). I created them to run this module online, and figured I'd share them with the community.

The maps are fairly faithful to the originals, although probably not 100% perfect in every aspect. The files have a layout of 2560x1920px with a scale of 64px == 5ft and a transparent background. Given that they're vector files, they should scale cleanly to whatever screen resolution you'd like. I removed all the grid lines and keys from the original maps as well.

My workflow with these files is to export them to JPG and create one scene per map in the VTT. I then drag on objects from the token library to represent things like the spiral staircase, chairs, tables, etc. I created the files in Inkscape (an open source graphics program), but they ought to be editable with any tool that supports SVG.

Enjoy!
Attachments
HouseOfColdariusMaps.zip
(64.68 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Bumblepig

Re: House of Coldarius -- Maps

Post by Bumblepig »

It's nice to see House of Coldarius getting some love, it's one of my favorite BFRPG published adventures.
One nit...I'd double-check your doors. Just at a glance I noticed that on Level 1 you have a double door between rooms 4 and 6 where there isn't one in the original.
Bigger question... I'm confused why you have those blank shapes of to the right of each map. Maybe they're leftovers shapes you were using to develop the maps, or maybe it's something related the format you're using? In any case, I'm not sure if it's a mistake or intentional for some reason that's escaping me.
sean8223

Post by sean8223 »

Those shapes are my attempt to capture the geometry of the first floor of the tower. They are off the page and won't appear when you export to an image format. I kept them around to keep the sizes of things consistent from level to level. They are on their own layer of the document which can be hidden (or even deleted) if you find them annoying.
Bumblepig

Post by Bumblepig »

sean8223 wrote: Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:32 am Those shapes are my attempt to capture the geometry of the first floor of the tower. They are off the page and won't appear when you export to an image format. I kept them around to keep the sizes of things consistent from level to level. They are on their own layer of the document which can be hidden (or even deleted) if you find them annoying.
Got it. I guess if I was using those files in the way intended I would have realized that. ;)
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

SRD Removal master post
Instructions:
  • Make one post per section indicating pages.
  • All text taken form SRD should be coloured in red.
  • If no SRD text if found or if you have to write comments do it in blue.
  • Use latest release, r45
Proofreaders:
  • greg
  • coureur_d_bois
  • Jim1804
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Tue Jan 17, 2023 5:01 pm, edited 23 times in total.
greg

Post by greg »

Introduction - pp1
No SRD text
coureur_d_bois

Post by coureur_d_bois »

Castle D'Angelo
pp2-4

OK, no SRD text.
Last edited by coureur_d_bois on Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
greg

Post by greg »

Random Encounters - pp5-7
1. Sevras D'Angelo
hold portal, magic missile, levitate, web, haste, clairvoyance, wall of fire
Staff of Healing

2. Neva
The magic armor and weapons are in the SRD, but in a more generalized form, not exactly as listed here.

3. Julianne
Same as Neva

4. Sharana
Same as Neva

5. Cherry Obreen
Same as Neva

6. Wesley D'Angelo
charm person, floating disc, locate object, web
In the SRD, the spelling is Floating Disk.
fireball

7. Fayne Morthan
Same as Neva
Cloak of Displacement

8. Frogmen
No SRD text