BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
PapersAndPaychecks

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

You're welcome.

FIX:- In entry #82, remove duplicate reference to the room full of makeup.

111. ROOM OF BROKEN DOLLS:
[boxed text]
This room is littered with broken dollhouse furniture. It also contains nine assorted broken dolls: seven dolls of humans, one doll dog and a homemade thing, as if made by a childish hand, that might be supposed to represent a papier-mache pony.

Clearly, whatever weird magical effect is going on in this dollhouse has animated the broken dolls. They lurch and totter towards you, fixed grins on their wooden faces.
[/boxed text]

The broken dolls will not attack Tia, if she is with the party. They hate all other life that is not as crippled or broken as themselves.

5 Human-dolls: AC 16, HD 5*, #At 2 appendages, Dam 2d6/2d6, Mv 20', Sv F5, Ml 12, XP 405 each
HP:
1 Pony-doll: AC 16, HD 6*, #At 2 hooves, Dam 2d4+4/2d4+4, Mv 30', Sv F6, Ml 12, XP 555
HP:
1 Dog-doll: AC 16, HD 4*, #At 1 bite, Dam 2d6+2, Mv 30', Sv F4, Ml 12, XP 280
HP:
The dolls have no treasure.

112. ROOM OF DRESSES:
[boxed text]
This room is packed from floor to ceiling with dresses. As soon as you open the door, hundreds of fabulous silk and satin dresses flow out into the corridor. Most of them appear to be pink or purple.
[/boxed text]

These dresses appear to be worth an average of 20 gp each (some more, some less), but if brought out of the dollhouse they remain doll-sized, so their actual value is zero except to a mad dollhouse enthusiast. If inspected, each dress has "Tia's dress!" written on a label inside it. There are exactly one million dresses in the room.

114. ROOM OF SPARKLY SHOES:
[boxed text]
This room is packed from floor to ceiling with sparkly shoes. Each shoe seems to be made of mirror and crystal. As soon as you open the door, a great cascade of them falls into the corridor.
[/boxed text]

Each of these shoes fits Tia. There are tens of thousands of them, but if brought out of the dollhouse they remain doll-sized so they are of no value except to a mad dollhouse enthusiast.

115. ROOM OF MAKEUP:
[boxed text]
This room contains six mirrors on the walls. In front of each mirror is a table, and on each table is a wide array of makeup.
[/boxed text]

The makeup is of no commercial value and has no magical effect.

116. EXIT ROOM:
[boxed text]
As you enter the room, you feel a tugging at your garments which seems to drag you forward...
[/boxed text]

The djinni who granted Tia's wish designed this room as the way out of the dollhouse. Anyone who enters the room appears back in Castle D'Angelo Area #57 (no saving throw). They are no longer affected by the dollhouse's enchantment and may not re-enter it. (Exception: Tia, if for some reason she is with the party, may go back in as often as she wishes.)
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Like, oh, my gawd!!!

:D

The broken dolls are just creepy, man. I like.

With all the new bits you've thrown in, I'll be posting a new version of this module soon. Thanks!

BTW: For anyone interested in a Halloween-ready adventure, take a look at the House of Coldarius in this module. It's not entirely finished, but it already has all the needed nastiness. Of course, anyone (not just P&P) who'd like to help fill in the blanks in that adventure is welcome to jump in!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, I've uploaded the new version to the first post in this thread.
PapersAndPaychecks

Thanks, Chris. Did my submission for room #92 not make the cut?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Gah. No, I just missed it.

It'll be in the next release, I promise.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

While digging through AA1 I found the following NPC in my Slaver's Fortress adventure. I think she might work well in this one also; I just need to figure out what sort of madness she suffers from.

Sharana: Human Fighter 7, AC 21, AB +6/+7, #At 1, Dam 1d8, Mv 20', Ml 9

INT 7 (-1) DEX 14 (+1) CON 14 (+1) CHR 8 (-1)

Equipment: Plate Mail, Shield +2, Longsword +1/+2 vs. Spell Users

HP 43

Sharana has a barely-restrained hatred of other women, and she is cruel to the warriors under her command whenever she thinks she can get away with it. She will take any opportunity to be cruel to another woman, especially an attractive and/or virtuous one. She particularly hates Valor True, the captain of the Ducal Guard. For now she is biding her time, looking for an opportunity to steal from the castle's inhabitants or visitors and disappear into the night.
shadowmane

Post by shadowmane »

So is this one BF6 now instead of Castle D'Angelo?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Designations aren't fixed until they make the downloads page... but as Castle D'Angelo is part of Strongholds of Sorcery, it would be reasonable.
PapersAndPaychecks

Solomoriah wrote:I just need to figure out what sort of madness she suffers from.
Eating disorder. She's compulsively addicted to meat. Every turn she spends with the party there's a 1 in 6 chance that she demands a piece of meat. If not supplied, she'll attempt to kill, cook and eat the nearest animal. In the absence of an animal, well, it all gets a bit Hannibal Lecter.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I just uploaded R7, with complete maps for House of Coldarius; however, I suspect some of the things listed above have been missed, so look for an R8 soon with the blanks filled in.