BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Dimirag

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Dimirag »

Feel free to visit my country any time, be sure to eat some empanadas and asado!

Well, he can come up with our bfrpg silly monster, something like The Rusted Bucket :lol:
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm actually partial to the whole "whale" thing. Perhaps she believes she's on a ship, surrounded by ocean...
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

Perhaps she believes she's a ship captain giving orders to everyone. Maybe she thinks that the castle is a ship disguised as a castle so the whale won't attack at first sight
Last edited by Dimirag on Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yeah, I like that!

Dimirag, are you on the contributors list for this module? I can't recall your real name just now, or I'd check.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

No, I'm not. Martín Serena is my name.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Now working on R9. I've added P&P's wasp effects tables, finishing room 75. I finished room 34 and revised room 37 per my earlier comments. Touched up room 28 (giving proper stats to Vernon the Verger).

In my list of unfinished areas, I missed several rooms earlier than 36 that needed boxed text. This includes room 34, as noted above, as well as 30 and 31, which I've just fixed up. While I was in the neighborhood, I noted that Cherry Obreen was described as "prowling" the castle, so I moved her to the Random Encounters and added some details to her now-empty room.

I added boxed text to 36, and touched up the boxed text in 38 (it mentioned hit points). I added boxed text in 39, and made some minor revisions to the text and layout (in particular, I assembled the hallucinations into a proper table, which I had neglected to do when it was submitted, and replaced "they" with "he or she" in accordance with my usual policy).

A little touchup to my text in room 41, including the room number for the lower-level room (to aid the GM in dealing with the multilevel encounter with Valor True). Also on the topic of Valor True, I've added a basic room description (including some unguarded treasure). She wouldn't put traps on her belongings, but I'm not ruling out adding a surprise of some sort there. Room 46, by the way.

I've decided to leave off there for tonight. I'm even now uploading the new version (see the first post in this thread).

Castle D'Angelo Unfinished Bits (updated 1/3/2014):

Rooms 27, 33, 35, 40, 43, 51, 59, 72, 78, 79, 83, 86, 89, 90, 106, 107, 108: I got nothin'. They could be mundane, "empty" rooms, but still need descriptions.

Room 52, 57, 58, 65, 66, 73, 76, 77, 82, 91, 94, 95, 98: Still need to rewrite these to include boxed text. This one I'll do myself, just noting it here for completeness.

Room 41: Need some mundane room contents. Boxed text isn't necessary due to the situation.

Room 54, 55: These rooms need something in them. As "honored guest" quarters, they should have something at least modestly interesting. I think it reasonable that they were actually Count Dicker's quarters, and that his present location (room 48) previously housed some of his retinue. So we need to put his things here, along with appropriate guest room furnishings, and maybe an encounter or two.

Room 60, 61, 63, 64, 70, 80: Need boxed text and statistics for the NPCs.

Room 74: The only note I have for this room is that there needs to be a silver box here.

Room 88: Have statistics, need everything else.

Room 99, 100, 102, 103, 104, 109: Needs a few more details and boxed text. I'll deal with these.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dimirag wrote:No, I'm not. Martín Serena is my name.
Ah, Martin. Okay, I'll get you in R10. I just put out R9, but did not include the whale and ocean business as yet.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Question. Would there have been children in the castle when the demon got loose? If so, room #27 could be a creche, where a mad mother psychotically defends the castle's children from anyone and anything.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

PapersAndPaychecks wrote:Question. Would there have been children in the castle when the demon got loose? If so, room #27 could be a creche, where a mad mother psychotically defends the castle's children from anyone and anything.
I wouldn't think there would be many; outside of the Duke and Duchess, who lives within the castle who would have children? The women warriors who live in the barracks would not (any who are married would have to live elsewhere, and "commute" to work, much as is done in some cases in more modern military organizations). I suppose that the servants might have some children within the castle, though.

Yeah, a creche sounds about right. So next question... do we have to have a bunch of insane children also? Hmm.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

We can have an insane mother guarding the childs, lots of them, the thing is.... the childs are old dolls!