BF3 Strongholds of Sorcery

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Strongholds of Sorcery

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, looks like R7 actually had most of the changes noted. I'll be integrating Sharana a bit better in the next release, with P&P's suggested delusion applied.

Regarding the BF number designation... I started out back in 2006 assigning BF numbers as I started each module design; when I started actually publishing them in print, I realized I wanted to change the numbers to reflect publication order. So this will be BF3. Originally, BF3 was "Dream of the White Hawk," the perpetually unfinished Nevermore Campaign module. If I ever get it published, it gets whatever number comes up next.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Doing some work on R8. Filled in some of the missing details and edited quite a bit of text. Here's what I still need to get done (and would be thrilled to have help with):

Castle D'Angelo:

Rooms 27, 33, 35, 40, 43, 46, 51, 59, 72, 78, 79, 83, 86, 89, 90, 106, 107, 108: I got nothin'. They could be mundane, "empty" rooms, but still need descriptions.

Room 36, 39, 52, 57, 58, 65, 66, 73, 76, 77, 82, 91, 94, 95, 98: Still need to rewrite these to include boxed text. This one I'll do myself, just noting it here for completeness.

Room 41: Need some mundane room contents. Boxed text isn't necessary due to the situation.

Room 54, 55: These rooms need something in them. As "honored guest" quarters, they should have something at least modestly interesting. I think it reasonable that they were actually Count Dicker's quarters, and that his present location (room 48) previously housed some of his retinue. So we need to put his things here, along with appropriate guest room furnishings, and maybe an encounter or two.

Room 60, 61, 63, 64, 70, 80: Need boxed text and statistics for the NPCs.

Room 74: The only note I have for this room is that there needs to be a silver box here.

Room 75: Random (funny? scary?) effects for the wasps in Arcan's Library. Also be nice to have an interesting book or two, or some other interesting item to be found there. I did throw in a funny of my own there.

Room 88: Have statistics, need everything else.

Room 99, 100, 102, 103, 104, 109: Needs a few more details and boxed text. I'll deal with these.

Ack. That took longer than I thought. I'll upload R8 tonight (I did several revisions to it, finished three or four rooms) and then hopefully we can go forward.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Alright, more revisions to Castle D'Angelo revealed additional work needing to be done. To wit, I noticed I left Room 34 out of the rooms-to-be-detailed above, but in the act of fixing it up I discovered that the guard in Room 37 is a) nameless and b) not apparently insane, two things we need to fix. Anyone have a favorite delusion we haven't used yet?

Anyway, I'm right now uploading R8.
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Table of wasp sting effects: (d10)
1-3. Victim confused (as 4th level magic user spell) for 1d6 hours
4-5. Victim feebleminded (as 5th level magic user spell) for 1d6 hours
6-7. Victim partly polymorphed (as 4th level magic user spell) into a random creature (see sub-tables below)
8-9. Victim polymorphed (as 4th level magic user spell) into a random creature (see sub-tables below)
10. Victim cursed (see sub-tables below)

Partly Polymorphed: body part affected (d8)
1. Right leg
2. Left leg
3. Abdomen/buttocks
4. Chest/back
5. Right arm
6. Left arm
7. Head
8. Two body parts, roll again twice.

Polymorphed into?: (d20)
1. Armadillo
2. Badger
3. Bugbear
4. Dryad
5. Dwarf
6. Elephant
7. Elf
8. Gnoll
9. Gnome
10. Goblin
11. Halfling
12. Horse
13. Human
14. Kobold
15. Lizard Man
16. Orc
17. Ostrich
18. Rhinoceros
19. Troglodyte
20. Troll

Curses:
1. Blinded
2. Body odour (50%) or halitosis (50%); if victim hides or goes invisible, 50% chance of detecting them
3. Deafened
4. Flatulence; in any stressful situation, including any attempt to move silently, 50% chance they will make an involuntary noise
5. Goes bald
6. Height increased (50%) or reduced (50%) by 10%-60% (1d6x10); clothing and armour no longer fit
7. May never tell the truth
8. Must always speak in rhyme
9. Mute; may not speak or cast spells
10. Weight increased (50%) or reduced (50%) by 10%-60% (1d6x10); clothing and armour no longer fit

The partial polymorph, polymorph, and curse effects are permanent but can be removed by dispel magic. In addition the polymorph and partial polymorph effects can be reversed by polymorph other and the curses by remove curse.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Wow, nice! I used to be productive like that, but never in such style. Thanks!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Okay, the guard in #37 is Mercia Aethelred, and her insanity is that she believes the fortress is besieged by some ludicrous monster(s). What would be the silliest monster type to have besiege a castle?
PapersAndPaychecks

Post by PapersAndPaychecks »

Sperm whales, I should think.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

:D :D :D

So what sort of weather are you having right now? 'Cause, it's cold as heck here.
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

After a month of heat (38°C/100°F) we had a strongth rainy day, now its worm and windy...

The cookie monster is silly enough? :lol:
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Dimirag wrote:After a month of heat (38°C/100°F) we had a strongth rainy day, now its worm and windy...
Egad. Now I want to visit you... -4°C/25°F right now, and it's sunny out. By next week, much colder.
Dimirag wrote:The cookie monster is silly enough? :lol:
Indeed, but unfortunately, we don't have rights to that one... :D