DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Seven

Re: DC1 Tales from the Laughing Dragon

Post by Seven »

That was my impression, but it's out there in case the author drops by.
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Darrell wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 1:12 pm Wow. I went online to see if I could find a copy of my original 'Dragonclaw Barony' pdf. I remembered giving Dave and Chris permission to use it for 'Tales of the Laughing Dragon,' so I came here to see if it was here, by any chance, and find that some folk are still using the setting. Just ... wow. I can't tell you how pleased I am that some people find my little micro-setting interesting enough to continue using. Many thanks to Dave and Chris for keeping it going with their excellent work!

Darrell King
Man seeing Darrell drop in to say good things is awesome! Back at you for giving me a world I could build and play in.
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Seven wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:38 am That was my impression, but it's out there in case the author drops by.
He actually did! About 3 months ago so he has an account here now.
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

So I know one thing that Chris didn't like about DC1 was its length. I'm not sure why I didn't see this when I first wrote Tales from the Laughing Dragon but Dale was never fleshed out to be a proper town. The whole reason I created Dale was for the adventurers to have a base of operations for these and other adventures they might face. So I was thinking I could update the adventure to include information on the important structures and people of Dale, including some NPCs they could hire.

Thoughts?
The Dragonclaw Barony
gabeprime

Post by gabeprime »

Yes please! Have Dale be fleshed out more. Maybe include the full map of the region as well like that found from https://dragonclaw-barony.obsidianportal.com/

My other request is can we have the numbers on the dungeon be in a certain order? Like from left to right, top to bottom, or according to the likely order you’ll encounter each room as you go through the dungeon?

Anyway, excited to see how the book will be updated.
Hi! I’m Gabe.
Forever GM, cleric fan and part-time artist.
My art is on Instagram: @gabefuadraws.
I’m also on Mastodon: @gabrion.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

In likely encounter order is the preferred method, and yeah, if Dave wants to take it on we certainly can!
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Nekron99

Re: Dragonclaw Barony

Post by Nekron99 »

This may have already been addressed since it's release and in the various goings over that the book went through, but in the write up for the Dragonclaw Barony, Why is the order of nobility backwards?

Currently it is a Barony, ruled by a Baron and run by various Dukes. But a Duke is higher rank than a Baron (who is just one step above a Knight).
It should be a Duchy, ruled by a Duke and then run by various Counts and Countesses.

I know it might be nitpicky and in your world you can do as you want, but was there a reason for this inconsistency?

I love the setting, I am currently adapting it to my use, but this hit me and I just had to ask.

On a lighter note: I was working on this this morning and my wife saw me puzzling it out. She asked me what was wrong. I said I am trying to figure out the female version of Earl. She said that is easy, it is Earlene.
I paused for a second. "Babe, um, I am talking about the noble title of Earl, not the local gas station attendant."
She cracks me up.
Player: I drink the potion!
DM: Are you sure you want to do that?
Player: Um, no. Maybe, Why, do you think it would be stupid?
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

Since this is my first stab at doing something other than a straight adventure. Is there a template i can use for the city and NPCs? How about Morgansfort?
The Dragonclaw Barony
dymondy2k

Re: Dragonclaw Barony

Post by dymondy2k »

Nekron99 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:03 pm Currently it is a Barony, ruled by a Baron and run by various Dukes. But a Duke is higher rank than a Baron (who is just one step above a Knight).
It should be a Duchy, ruled by a Duke and then run by various Counts and Countesses.
I had no idea of the hierarchy of nobility and I just ran with what Darrell wrote. Since it doesn't really affect the adventures I might be able to tweak it some.

Maybe the baron can be called the Arch Baron.. you know make up a new title..
The Dragonclaw Barony
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

In my original write-up, as I recall, there were no Dukes or other titled landowners; only the Baron, Sir Thomas O'Halloran, who ruled in the name of the King of Albion and with the support of the noble families of Albion, with the assistance of the Knightly Order of the Lion Rampant and the heirarchy of the churches. Any titled individuals who were not passers-through with their retinues are later additions.