AA1 Adventure Anthology 1

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: AA1 Adventure Anthology One

Post by Solomoriah »

Quoting Al here so I don't forget to look at these items. I tend to roll back through the thread until I get to the Announcing! post and then stop looking...
AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 am There were still some questions I had after reading this one:

Page 34 – The Ruined Temple – Second paragraph after last boxed text.
Currently:
The rod is a powerful cudgel against evil creatures, striking for 2d4 damage against undead and 1d4+1 against any other evil creature. It carries no magical attack bonus, and does only the normal 1d4 damage of a cudgel when used against non-evil opponents.
Suggest:
The rod is a powerful cudgel against evil creatures, treat as a Cudgel, +1 vs evil, x2 vs undead.

Page 54 – Area 15 is on the map but nothing is mentioned about it or the stairs going into untold levels. May want to mention what the secret door is like and that the lower levels are left to the GM to design.

Page 72 – Wandering Monsters
The tabs may need to be adjusted to work out better, a lot of multiple spaces used instead of tabs.

Page 75 – 3. Laquin School – Paragraph 1
The school master is listed as Bertrude a 1st level Cleric from the temple. Bertrude isn’t mentioned as being one of the inhabitants of the temple in the next section, (4. Temple).
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Thanks for working on it Solo 8-) For now, as mentioned in another thread, my home system isn't set for really digging into odt files, so for at least this I may just post a commented PDF with suggested edits, etc. Al caught many if not most things, there's a few of them I'd like to tweak and/or needs to follow the Style Guide.
teaman

Post by teaman »

chiisu81 wrote: Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:27 pm Thanks for working on it Solo 8-) For now, as mentioned in another thread, my home system isn't set for really digging into odt files, so for at least this I may just post a commented PDF with suggested edits, etc. Al caught many if not most things, there's a few of them I'd like to tweak and/or needs to follow the Style Guide.
Do you use Libre or Open Office? Just curious.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Always been on LibreOffice; OpenOffice is basically abandonware at this point.
I've tried the 6.4.x version of LO, but always go back to the latest stable 6.3.x version. It's something wonky on this system still causing issues, probably something with the fonts or such.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 am There were still some questions I had after reading this one:

Page 34 – The Ruined Temple – Second paragraph after last boxed text.
Currently:
The rod is a powerful cudgel against evil creatures, striking for 2d4 damage against undead and 1d4+1 against any other evil creature. It carries no magical attack bonus, and does only the normal 1d4 damage of a cudgel when used against non-evil opponents.
Suggest:
The rod is a powerful cudgel against evil creatures, treat as a Cudgel, +1 vs evil, x2 vs undead.
I'm sticking with the original version, though I've rewritten it a bit for clarity. I do see where you're coming from here, I just like the way the original author did it. Variety, you know?
AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 amPage 54 – Area 15 is on the map but nothing is mentioned about it or the stairs going into untold levels. May want to mention what the secret door is like and that the lower levels are left to the GM to design.
Ack. There is a missing map here. Egad.

I will find and insert the missing area map for R21. Basically, the stairs at 15 connect to the stairs leading to area 3 and the un-numbered stairs in the corridor. There are no numbered areas in that tunnel system, which likely caused me to forget it.
AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 amPage 72 – Wandering Monsters
The tabs may need to be adjusted to work out better, a lot of multiple spaces used instead of tabs.
Wow, that's a mess. Surprised I never noticed it before.
AlMan wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 1:33 amPage 75 – 3. Laquin School – Paragraph 1
The school master is listed as Bertrude a 1st level Cleric from the temple. Bertrude isn’t mentioned as being one of the inhabitants of the temple in the next section, (4. Temple).
Made a revision, hopefully it's good enough.
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

Announcing!

AA1 Adventure Anthology One, Release 21 -- August 09, 2020
Al Vetter noticed several things that needed revision, prompting a review by Chris Gonnerman which culminated in this new print release candidate. See the comment thread for details on the changes.

https://basicfantasy.org/downloads.html#aa1
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

we're tripping over each other...
chiisu81

Post by chiisu81 »

:D
Attachments
pardonmoi.gif
pardonmoi.gif (2.23 MiB) Viewed 5050 times
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

AA1 R21 is now available in print on Lulu.com, and has been submitted to Amazon; as usual, if nothing goes wrong they should approve it today.

Yes, I updated the Downloads page, including a fresh copy of the cover with the revised copyright dates. :D
Rosisha

Post by Rosisha »

It's, by far, the best adventure anthology. Super high quality, with words that almost seem to bless you as you read them. I know doctors who have used AA1 to cure patients in a coma. They start reading, and voila, the patient wakes up and says "I wish to roll for initiative!" True story!