Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Creating game materials? Monsters, spells, classes, adventures? This is the place!
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Basic Fantasy RPG Core Rules 3rd Edition

Post by Solomoriah »

Regarding guidance on the gods, religion, etc... I've never seen such a document that didn't manage to offend someone. IMO, the "guidance" for this is in the content of BF1 Morgansfort.

In many cases, I prefer to lead by example rather than to prescribe things in the rules.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Dimirag

Post by Dimirag »

I'm in favour of any extra guidance regarding how to use some rules, like Saving Throws and others.
I agree with solo, those themes are better leaved for campaign books or similar...
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not opposed to adding such guidance, but I won't be writing it. If someone else wants to take it up, hey, volunteers are always welcome. It would be best to discuss it in the open, so that you won't put in a huge amount of work on something only to discover it all needs to be changed. I'll edit your work, or see that it gets edited, if you submit material for the game, just like always.
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

I scanned through the file. Looks pretty much the same, but I did not do a side-by-side comparison.

One spell entry is goofy (Invisibility 15' radius) because of the length of its name. The real challenges you are going to face, is when Shonuff starts dropping loads of new artwork on you and you have to re-flow stuff over and over as you add them... but that, in my mind, is the good kind of problem to have to deal with (something that the Field Guide gets dealt over and over lately).

Make sure Troglodytes get their stench... you can find an updated entry in the Monsters as Races Supplement (in the back).
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
danbuter

Post by danbuter »

Is there a "what's new" list?
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

danbuter wrote:Is there a "what's new" list?
I think Chris is just getting started. Mostly ironing out the formatting with styles so that he can apply consistently when he changes things and adds new material.

The quantity of known errata is very small.
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

The stench is in there in R76 (which I just uploaded, in case you hadn't noticed) so it must be one of the things I fixed a few months ago when I first thought about doing this.

One down...
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Whats your opinion on zero level spells in the optional rules section? It would be probably to big once you add the spells.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I'm not adding either 0 level or higher than 6th level spells. Either would make it an "advanced" game.
artikid

Post by artikid »

Hello,
I largely share Solomoriah's view on 3rd edition.
Let's say I see it more as the Ultimate Bug-Fix than the opportunity to add "shiny" stuff.

The only diference is that instead of a Thief/Magic-user combo (for Elves I guess), I'd put in a Cleric/Fighter Combo (for Dwarves).

Also I'd like to see the Thief/Fighter Combo (for Halflings) put back in, but I guess that would make necessary adding a few things from Fighter and Thief suplements an idea Solomoriah does not seem to like.

Obviously I'll try to send one or two few new art pieces to Shonuff :)
Any specific requests?
Cheers

Artikid

PS:edited for errors