Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Prowler

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 pm

rredmond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:12 pm Can't tell if your avatar is prowling, or preparing to sit down with some Longbottom Leaf. :D
Looks awesome though! Who drew that?
A bit of both, I suspect. It's an illustration by Nils Gulliksson, a quite prominent artist in the Swedish RPG scene back in the 80's. The picture depicts a hermit from the 1985 sandbox adventure "The Dead Forest". More recently Nils has been doing illustrations for a game known as Forbidden Lands.
rredmond

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 10:30 am

Excellent! Thank you!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
FakeHealer

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:00 pm

Prowler wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 2:16 pm
rredmond wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 12:12 pm Can't tell if your avatar is prowling, or preparing to sit down with some Longbottom Leaf. :D
Looks awesome though! Who drew that?
A bit of both, I suspect. It's an illustration by Nils Gulliksson, a quite prominent artist in the Swedish RPG scene back in the 80's. The picture depicts a hermit from the 1985 sandbox adventure "The Dead Forest". More recently Nils has been doing illustrations for a game known as Forbidden Lands.
Forbidden Lands is pretty awesome! It resparked my interest in Old School D&D which led me here. Also like Coriolis for my "Space D&D" fix, Tales From the Loop for my "80s kids on bikes" fix, all by Free League also...they seem to be putting out some great stuff.