Product Promotion

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Product Promotion

Post by Solomoriah »

It's long been policy on these forums that promoting for-profit items is against the rules. After discussion with the senior moderator staff, I've decided to allow limited promotion in just one place... this thread.

There are rules:

1. Competing game products are prohibited. Since BFRPG can easily work with adventure modules and many supplements for other old-school games, we do allow those types of materials here. Games not easily compatible with BFRPG are out, though, as are the core rules of any other game. Game materials promoted here must be relevant to game masters running our core rules.

2. If you don't have at least 25 posts on the forum (in other areas), you may not post here. I don't want people signing up just to promote their stuff... these forums are for Basic Fantasy enthusiasts, and this thread is no different than any other.

3. Non-game materials should be reasonably likely to be interesting to the members of these forums. Fantasy books, for instance, or even science fiction seems reasonable. Custom dice would be cool. Coffee makers? You'd have to work a bit to convince me of this.

4. This thread is for announcements only. If you want to talk about a for-profit item that you didn't write or publish, you may create a thread for that and it's cool. Please, do not discuss products in this thread.

5. Posts that violate any of the above rules will be summarily deleted without notice to the poster. Otherwise, the moderation effort would be too high to be worth it.

6. Threads other than this one that violate the no-profit rule will be summarily deleted without notice to the poster. However, I have decided to allow those few that currently exist and have commentary in them to stand, so this rule only applies to threads created after this point.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: Product Promotion

Post by Solomoriah »

Tomorrow, March 14th, 2014 through Saturday, March 15th, 2014, One Night in Slateholm will be available on the Amazon Kindle Store for the low low price of FREE. Yeah, I want you guys all to get a copy, but even more important, please, tell your friends who don't hang out here. The more, the merrier!

Get it here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRRELZI

bigjawhite

Re: My Fantasy Short Story is Published!

Post by bigjawhite »

That's a fair policy.

Chris has poured a lot of time into the BFRPG as well as this site. Lets show support for him by reading his story and posting an honest review at Amazon.
djk1971

Post by djk1971 »

Chris...Kindle only? Any plans for a paperback publishing?
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Whenever I get a second story done, I'll combine them in a paperback. This book is a bit too short for print publication to make financial sense.
djk1971

Post by djk1971 »

Good to know, thanks for the response!
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

So wait, & Magazine can have it's own thread?
We aren't a system, we are free and we are compatible!
Woot. ;)
Anyway, see my signature banner below.
Thanks Chris!
--Ron--
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Yes, you may post release announcements and/or discussions in their own thread.

However, posting here might get you more recognition, given that this is a central point for such announcements.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Today through Monday the 16th, One Night in Slateholm is available on the Amazon Kindle Store for just $0.99!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00IRRELZI
Blazeguard

Post by Blazeguard »

I would love to pick this up but I don't have a kindle and I can't get the kindle reader program working up here in Canada. I think it may have something to do with it only being available on amazon.com. :(
The problem with doing something really stupid to impress people is that they may just be impressed by how stupid you really are.