Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
SmootRK

Re: Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by SmootRK »

I believe you will find the forums to be the best place to interact with the creators/builders of the game materials... while the other outlets (Facebook, Discord, and the like) are utilized by users (players/GMs) to discuss various topics.

I tend to stick to the forums. I like the static format (for the most part), over the Facebook sort of format....

... or maybe we are just old. And not cool enough to follow the newer models. It is like my mother, who will not even try to use a smart phone, instead preferring her house phone. lol
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

SmootRK wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:38 am ... or maybe we are just old. And not cool enough to follow the newer models.
Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark! ;)
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

I prefer the forum for its memory. Yesterday might as well not exist on social media; the data is still there, but has neither index nor categorization.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
SmootRK

Post by SmootRK »

rredmond wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:45 am
SmootRK wrote: Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:38 am ... or maybe we are just old. And not cool enough to follow the newer models.
Hey, hey, hey! I resemble that remark! ;)
Heh, sadly so do I. :D
Is it really the end, not some crazy dream?
Yajin

Post by Yajin »

I’m old. Discord is very easy to use for conversations, but ya’ll seem to prefer the message board. I’ll be using both. We actually use discord video option in our private discord to run our game. Also I just ordered 6 additional copies of the softcover rules book for my members! We’re going to stick closely to the book rules at first.
teaman

Post by teaman »

Yajin wrote: Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:04 pm I’m old. Discord is very easy to use for conversations, but ya’ll seem to prefer the message board. I’ll be using both. We actually use discord video option in our private discord to run our game. Also I just ordered 6 additional copies of the softcover rules book for my members! We’re going to stick closely to the book rules at first.
You're a standup DM! One great thing is that everything (and more) is available for free on the website. So any player can access any race, class, or rules supplement immediately from anywhere in the world.

And house rules are easy to implement if you like. Heck, the site has a bunch of them in the showcase.
Teaman is the sole proprietor of Sharp Mountain Games at roll20 and DTRPG

https://marketplace.roll20.net/browse/p ... tain-games
http://drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/8418 ... tain-Games
Yajin

Post by Yajin »

I’ve downloaded a ton. 😀
AlienSpaceBeast

Post by AlienSpaceBeast »

New member here! Kinda new to ttrpgs, started with 5e but im really liking what I've seen so far in bfrpg. Bought the core rulebook and bestiary as early Christmas gifts to myself 😁. Trying to get the rest of my group interested as well.
Blorpy

Post by Blorpy »

Hell, I should introduce myself since I’ve been hanging around for the past couple months. Doing things in reverse order is sort of a personality trait of mine so it’s fitting.

I first discovered D&D when I was around 10. I briefly played a bit of some version of Basic and was instantly hooked, then got my hands on some AD&D character sheets and books from the library. The trouble was I never had access to any core books so I had to cobble together how to actually play the game, which I did poorly. I came from a small town so those books weren’t for sale anywhere. I think the only books I could find were like monster manual 3 and maybe a thief supplement. Later in my 20s I finally got some core books in the form of 3.5, and then DMed a regular group for a while until two of my players fell out over a girl (of course). I was still a pretty bad DM at this point as I would run combats that could take well over an hour, railroad the hell out of the game, and stop to look up rules when players got too creative. It was fun for a while, but DMing 3.5 started to feel like doing taxes. After that we had a brief affair with 4E but it never really stuck, and I gave up on the hobby for a few years until a friend invited me to a game he was running with just Moldvay Basic. I thought it was dope AF. One thing led to another and long story short I found out about the Rules Cyclopedia, BFRPG, Discord, and now here I am sharing supplements and hot takes. Haha ha.
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome ASB and Blorpy, and enjoy!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.