Welcome to the Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Argamae

Re: Welcome to the new Basic Fantasy RPG Forums!

Post by Argamae »

Hi everyone,

and thanks, Solomoriah, for welcoming me here. I am a fan of BFRPG ever since I read it and find it a much more concise and inviting "beginner's" game than M20 will ever be (that is, if the latter ever was conceived as a beginner's game). Imho it combines the best of the past and the present of the game we all share a lot of affection for.
I myself have some 25+ years of rpg experience under my feisty belt, and in that time tried a hell of a lot of games--from basic D&D to storytelling, from simulation-heavy systems with lots of dice to the very rules-lite games with sometimes no dice at all; from classic swords & sorcery worlds to the outer edges of known space and back via magic-driven aether ships with steam-powered cyber-vampires... you name it. And at the end of the journey I again approach those gates through which I left so long ago and behold!--they look tarnished, a little overgrown and someone has written "old-school" all over them. But when I dusted them off and cleaned them of some of the clutter I felt the slight tinkling sensation of ADVENTURE inside of me anew and I happily stepped through!
Okay, enough of the funny words: I am still very much into what is nowadays called "old-school" roleplaying and I think that BFRPG is an excellent vehicle to explore this. So, thanks again for welcoming me--I hope I can contribute to the already great community.

Best wishes,
Argamae
Fie upon the girlie men who are adverse to having encounters with random monsters!
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

Welcome Argamae!
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.
mini

Post by mini »

I figured I would also post here vs making my own thread. I've been gaming since 1990 and since about 2000 online exclusively. In the last several months I've gotten more and more into PbP games but I also have run and played in a multitude of games over OpenRPG. I currently run an online gaming community that hosts a multitude of games, all played online, via PbP and OpenRPG. I was introduced to BFRPG by my friend Metroknight (who I believe is a member here under that name and a fellow admin at Mayhem Gaming). I have been playing in his BFRPG games for awhile and am contemplating starting a BFRPG game at some point. So I thought it was time to join up.
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Post by Solomoriah »

Pleased to meet you, mini!

... your handle gives me conflicting mental images. :D
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Welcome to the board Mini.
Xyphon

Post by Xyphon »

Hello Basic Fantasy Role-Playing Game forum members.

After re-purchasing the RC I have been planning an old school fantasy game. Found BFRPG the other day and am thinking I may use this instead.

Great work thank you so much all involved.
Hywaywolf

Post by Hywaywolf »

Welcome to the board and BFRPG. You can't go wrong with BF.
Maltese Changeling

Post by Maltese Changeling »

Just chiming in to say "hello" now that I've joined the forum. Am looking to run BFRPG for a group of friends' kids with whom I've played 4E previously. The kids can handle the more complex rules, but I'm interested in an easier GMing experience. (4E provides a lot of useful GM tools, but it also ups expectations for spectacular encounters.)

Will be posting about the game on my blog, Vargold: The Wolf-Time (http://vargold.blogspot.com/).
dymondy2k

Post by dymondy2k »

welcome aboard!!
Check out my BFRPG Campaign Setting
The Dragonclaw Barony
rredmond

Post by rredmond »

dymondy2k wrote:welcome aboard!!
Aye, I'm not around much because I just steal the adventures that Solo and the crew here put out for my OSRIC games, but I second the welcome! 8-)
Player of Will Thornton in Dirigible of Doom!
Unseen Servant PbP Forums!
CptClyde: I predict a TPK at the hands of a blind, lame goblin.
teaman: She'll break your heart. And your wrist.