Looking for additional information

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Metroknight

Looking for additional information

Post by Metroknight »

I need some help in finding more information (if it exists) about water vehicles in context of the Basic Fantasy rpg system. I've already reviewed the information in the core book (vehicle section in the equipment) and the vehicle section in the equipment emporium supplement. Are there any other supplements that have any information about ships and boats?
Dimirag

Re: Looking for additional information

Post by Dimirag »

None that I know of.
Sorry for any misspelling or writing error, I am not a native English speaker
Drawing portfolio: https://www.instagram.com/m.serena_dimirag/
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

*sighs "Ok, thanks. I guess I will have to wing it somewhat and take longer to build the game".
Obombo

Post by Obombo »

Metroknight wrote:*sighs "Ok, thanks. I guess I will have to wing it somewhat and take longer to build the game".

Anything ship wise from any "D&D" will work easily.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Obombo wrote:
I know but I wanted to check the source, per say, first before expanding my reading. As I said it will now slow me down.
Obombo

Post by Obombo »

Metroknight wrote:
Obombo wrote:
I know but I wanted to check the source, per say, first before expanding my reading. As I said it will now slow me down.

If you don't have the books to hand it could be a bit of pain. But, even an internet search will give you boats and using their measurements vs. what's in the book you can easily scale stats up or down. Shouldn't take more than 30 minutes.
Sir Bedivere

Post by Sir Bedivere »

Hill Cantons has an expanded ship/boat list for "Classic D&D" that might be useful.

Here are the Pathfinder water vehicle rules, and they also have some advanced naval rules that might be useful, if you don't mind wading through them.

Neither of these are BFRPG, so they might well need modification, but that could get someone started if they wanted to expand on the BF rules.

Just for interest, Blog of Holding has a post comparing the naval combat rules in various editions, and it's own "Super-simple naval combat for any edition" rules post. Again, this is not BFRPG stuff, but it's interesting.
Metroknight

Post by Metroknight »

Thank you all for the help and offers of information but I'm not needing the info anymore as I scrapped that game.
PendragonTX

Post by PendragonTX »

Obombo wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:10 pm
Metroknight wrote:*sighs "Ok, thanks. I guess I will have to wing it somewhat and take longer to build the game".

Except for the hardcover (2e?) That is purely sea-related. The names assigned to various ships are *completely* wrong. A drakkar is listed as a dromond, a caravel as a Roman round ship, etc.
Thread Necromacer-at-Large