My daughter wants to start an RPG club at school with Basic

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
kerc

My daughter wants to start an RPG club at school with Basic

Post by kerc »

She plays BF in my campaign, and also is part of a D&D 5E campaign I'm in as a player. She's in 7th grade.

She was talking to her friends about games and stuff, and she mentioned D&D, which none of her friends have played. She explained the whole deal to them and they really want to play.

So now they wanna make it "official" and turn it into a small club in school. Although she initially spoke about D&D, I immediately told her about Basic Fantasy, how easy to play it is, and that all the material is available for free to anyone! She agreed that was a great idea, since she really enjoys the quick gameplay.

She's using the BF cover as part of the artwork for the flyer, which she's designing tonight. This weekend will be a crash course on DMing and character generation.

We're excited! Thank you Chris and everyone else for providing an accessible, yet slick and well thought out RPG system.
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper
Solomoriah
Site Admin

Re: My daughter wants to start an RPG club at school with Basic

Post by Solomoriah »

Kerc, shoot me an email at

solomoriah@basicfantasy.org

and I'll send you a PDF of my RPG Primer to share with her. Please don't pass out copies or anything, though, as it is a book I do sell for a profit.
My personal site: www.gonnerman.org
kerc

Re: My daughter wants to start an RPG club at school with Basic

Post by kerc »

Email sent! I really appreciate this, Chris. Thank you so much!
Kerc | Dice Pencil & Paper | @dicepencilpaper