Hello again!

General topics, including off-topic discussion, goes here.
Nightwulf

Hello again!

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:27 am

Hello! Nightwulf here.. I know I haven't been on this site in a while. Truth is.. I forgot it existed.. :oops:
However, I'm back.. Not that I really did anything of note here anyway. As to the point of this post? Well, I want to write an adventure but, while I'm great with stories and coming up with ideas.. I have a hard time trying to get it on paper. I still have the Second Edition Rulebook around here somewhere.. (Probably buried under all this paper.. Hmm.. Or on my Nerd-Shelf..)
Anyway.. I just want some information on how to best design an adventure, I know everyone has their own style and method.. But, I honestly don't know how to even get started. Which is annoying because.. I want to have a game to play and I do have good ideas. Mostly of the Lovecraft/dark fantasy variety.. I'm honestly just rambling at this point.. So.. Uh, I guess I had better stop before this keeps on going..
~Nightwulf
Today you will meet a beautiful stranger. Actually hundreds of beautiful strangers. Everyone is beautiful and you know almost none of them.
~Welcome To Night Vale
chiisu81

Re: Hello again!

Post Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:33 am

Welcome back :)

When I started I just took an existing adventure ODT and slowly started editing it and mutating it to make my own. It started out barely a page long and took forever to get to 2, but eventually it made it. Just start writing down your ideas, and post to Workshop for feedback (though I personally don't like how adventures get far less feedback than rules/classes/etc. but nothing I can do about that) and encouragement. There's also the template in my sig you can start with as well.